Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

Yeah, it's a little rusty though. My buddy has one too, I didn't know they were worth so much - I might have to borrow his in the middle of the night and sell it on ebay.

I've seen pristine ones go for 2-300.

I'm looking for a tilt column for a stick or a junky automatic tilt column so I can make my own.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben...it is a good thing that you live far away...I feel that you would be like that stray dog begging for a bone....AND.. f350 brake stuff, sport steering wheels, tilt columns, d60's and what not...:)

No doubt...I like expanding my parts collection...only thing holding me back is the fundage. However, if I did have the fundage, I'd be back in the same broke cycle cuz I'd spend it all on parts.

Ben I think that guy got scared to ship the 78-79 shell. Mines for sale if you want it otherwise it's going back in storage. Genuine Ford piece, 500.

He sent me an email asking if I shipped mine yet, I told him no and I was waiting on his to arrive first. Never heard from him again.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben I think that guy got scared to ship the 78-79 shell. Mines for sale if you want it otherwise it's going back in storage. Genuine Ford piece, 500.

He sent me an email asking if I shipped mine yet, I told him no and I was waiting on his to arrive first. Never heard from him again.

Alright...it would probably be January before I could do anything, and if it's around that long, I definitely want it. Thanks for the update.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I've seen pristine ones go for 2-300.

I'm looking for a tilt column for a stick or a junky automatic tilt column so I can make my own.

My buddy also has the tilt column, but it's all stripped out - if you have a good standard column he might be interested in working out a deal - that we he gets a column that works and you get a sport wheel. I'll get you in contact with him if you want.

I have a good stick non tilt column. Plan is if I can't find a stick tilt column I'll gut an auto tilt column and make my non tilt stick column a tilt. I got my eye on another wheel already.

If he has a stripped tilt stick column I'd be interested in seeing pics of it to see if I can make any of it work if I have to do the above. Thanks

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It'll be here, putting it in the attic for now.

Sounds good to me...and if you can think of anything else that you may have that you wouldn't mind me spending my money on, lemme know.

Ranger , Ive seen 2 standard tilt colums lately on ebay. That tcase guy had one listed last week but they seem to be getting some high bids.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

I'll give ya $500 for it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll give ya $500 for it.

Scott was going to trade a his 77 shell for a 78-79 shell. So he has a 77 shell, and you're probably looking for a 78/9 shell, right?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Scott was going to trade a his 77 shell for a 78-79 shell. So he has a 77 shell, and you're probably looking for a 78/9 shell, right?

Awww...crap...I should have read more carefully...you are right....By the time Carpenter reproduces them again I'll be a hundred years old.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Awww...crap...I should have read more carefully...you are right....By the time Carpenter reproduces them again I'll be a hundred years old.

Yeah...I was thinking that's why Scott specifically called me out, since he knows I have an affinity with 77's...and need a new shell. Hopefully, it'll still be around in a couple of months. As for DC, I can't believe they're still having issues, I called them about 8 months ago to try and get some insider info, and I knew they released a few grilles, but they still weren't up to par. Maybe I'll give them another call later this week.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
ah crap. I threw a good grill shell in the trash a few weeks ago, you guys telling me it was worth 500 dollars?

Ehhh...if it's NOS or DC stuff yes, if it hailed from the Orient, it was garbage and you did the right thing. The china man made ones would dent with simple thumb impressions, and can be bought new for $100 or used for $20-25. If it was an original used, you coulda probably gotten $100 for it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I am curious about the *gasp* LMC steel one...seems expensive...but it is LMC.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Ehhh...if it's NOS or DC stuff yes, if it hailed from the Orient, it was garbage and you did the right thing. The china man made ones would dent with simple thumb impressions, and can be bought new for $100 or used for $20-25. If it was an original used, you coulda probably gotten $100 for it.

It was original 78 bronco, oh well.......

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I am curious about the *gasp* LMC steel one...seems expensive...but it is LMC.

Well I haven't actually had any experience with the LMC shell, I'd assume it would be on par with everything else they have though, either hailing from the Orient or rejects they're charging full price for

It was original 78 bronco, oh well.......

Dumbass...luckily the one on my bko is very very nice. The guy I bought the bko from was a ford parts guy for 29 years, and he had thrown that NOS grille on about 6 months before I bought it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts