Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tailgate Panel Installed

Michigan
Thats the reason why i like the oval, i love the look on my truck, but his is defiantly not for a bronco lol Wheres the key hole? lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol, maybe its a newer one? From like a 98 F250+?

Michigan
they had one on a 98? Hell did they even make a 250 HD in 98?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
98 was the last year for the F250-F350 remember. F150 stopped in 96. And The new F250-F350 was 99+

I think you should get an "F150 XLT" Badge and put it across from the blue oval. That would look cool.

I think he should just switch out the entire tailgate for the one that has the recessed ford across it.. like mine. smilietease

No, that looks completely Custom/XL like and totally not in a classier looking direction. Hmm, maybe he could just get the proper panel?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Brad told me a story about how he took in his 86 Ranger to get a replacement decal put on, and he was angry when they had put on the subtly different decal from an 87 Ranger. He complained about it and they explained that the 86 decal had been discontinued since the 87 decal was considered a suitable replacement. I'm assuming that these panels are the same scenario-- the block letters were continued because the oval is considered a "suitable replacement."

Trista couldnt get her hands on the block letters panel, and LMC Truck has a picture of the block letters panel but it's grayed out and you can't purchase it-- while the oval panel is readily available.

And Chris-- the last year for gen 9 body style F250s/F350s/etc was 97. In 98 they only did a 98 F250 LD (light duty) and it looked just like a 97 F150, and had lower tow ratings than a regular F250.

Michigan
we had a 1999 LD 250. Pretty bad arse truck if you ask me. 7 lug to lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Wierd caus I worked on a 98 F2/350. Looked like mine. I remember the year, just not if it was a 2/3.

Keep the oval , it looks pretty sharp on there , why mess up a good thing?

I think it is growing on me, but I wanna see how it looks without the shell, probably not bad.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I like the oval. NOw your truck is almost perfect. Maybe a ZF 5 speed would be the finishing touch. ;)

What exactly determines what vehicles had the letters, and which had the logo? Certain years? Or what?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Best I know... This style was only ever used on Bronco's (with a keyhole punched into the left side). All the late 9th gen F-series trucks that I'VE seen, were black strips with FORD letters. Earlier ones had a red plastic stripe instead of black.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts