Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T-Case Question

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea, shifts are hard anyway, shift kit in truck. Yea thats what I was thinkin. 100 bucks for the tcase so its not a waste.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Yea, if it's bad.. voila. If it's not.. you have a spare. smilietease

Good luck.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It might be worth dissecting that newer tcase before you install it... It could have worn parts on the inside and you could be installing something that is in WORSE shape than yours, even if it have fewer miles...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The more I think about it the more im thinkin the trans. If I put it in 2nd it doesnt make the sound, if I put it in 1st it does make it. That has to be the trans. But I know when I was usin 4L the sound was like 100x louder. Whatever ill fig it out this weekend.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sounds like trans to me too... Could just make more noise in 4L because its allowing the tailshaft on the trans to rev faster while holding 1st gear...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea, I think im going to be looking for a trans after all, there is like 1 on craigslist for my area. Fresh rebuilt, 500 OBO. Im a be like 200 bucks ill take it away.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Talked to dude on the phone. I said 400 he was like ill think about it. Ha guess it was good I didnt say 200 to him. He says it was updated when it was rebuilt.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hell, he's try'n to con his brother into ZF 6 so he can get the ZF5 at a deeeep discounted price that's currently in his truck...smiliestirthepot
Dude! I started to ask him about that and then I ate my words when I remembered... 7.3L ZF has a different bellhousing than the small block ZF :headbang:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I did call a bunch of junk yard, and they dont have any E4od or 5 speed trucks. Oh well.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I picked up a tcase today, and everything works in it. I just have to take the u joint coupler off from the one I got, and swap mine on. The one on the tcase I got was torched off so I cant use it. Oh well. Im lookin at a trans during the week. So maybe ill have her running good by next weekend.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ok so i took my snow plow stuff off today, and jacked up the rear and put the truck in reverse to hear where the sound is comming from. Its comming from the tcase, you can feel it and its def that, wasnt the trans. So i got my newer tcase ready, and im prob going to change it tomorrow.

Ford Truck Articles