Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stock Transmissions

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I have a M5OD you can buy if your interested in going manual :D

here ya go, list of transmissions found in a 1994 F-Series (Not F150 Specific)

Transmissions.jpg

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
here ya go, list of transmissions found in a 1994 F-Series (Not F150 Specific)

Transmissions.jpg

I've got a E40D Automatic in my 93 350. I want to take it out and drop a 5 spd manny in. Is the m50 the transmission that I need to find, and if so, how hard would it be to do a swap? What else would I need to swap out?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
isnt the 4R70W a newer version of the E4OD ??

isnt the 4R70W a newer version of the E4OD ??

No, the 4R70W is a newer computer controlled version of the AOD only used in lighter duty applications.

The 4R100 is what replaced the E4OD. The 4R100 and E4OD actually use the same torque converter and trans pan, and im sure other parts are interchangeable between the two. Also, the 4R100 was the trans used in the second gen lightnings.

Last edited:

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Junior, I have a 93 F-350. Will a ZF tranny work?

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
ZF was factory in your truck for the standards...it was the only on available for your ride....they can get a little pricey though...

Ok, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Thanks for the info dude. I'm gonna start looking around once I get to NC in about 3 weeks. I can't wait. Only 11 more days left in Hawaii, and then I am leaving this rock, FOREVER!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts