Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Started on the Interior

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well everything is clean for the interior. Tomorrow I will start painting interior parts. Went to the junkyard and picked up a few things that I needed. I picked up a antenna mast,2 rear taillight lenses,inside mirror,windshield wiper knob, and a side bed rail from a dentside,I would have gotten both bed rails the driver side was destroyed.so I was able to replace my right side one.

100_3245-500.jpg

100_3246-500.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Nice Cliff. What did you pay for the bed rails ?
There's a guy here trying to get $400 per set. He's got 6' and 8' sets.
12 years ago I threw a set away.:headbang:

I have bed rails on my truck but the right side was bent enough where it wasn't useable. I paid $7.00 for the 1 bed rail. All total I paid $46.00 for everything. Next week I will get some lens cleaner for my new taillights.
This is really a true budget fixer upper.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hi Cliff, you had a good day at the wreckers! Were there many Ford trucks to pick from?

roy I want to say about 20 trucks of different years.They were well used up and not to mention people like to destroy interior parts. I never found a cluster with a tach. I am going to keep checking back to see what comes in.

roy I want to say about 20 trucks of different years.They were well used up and not to mention people like to destroy interior parts. I never found a cluster with a tach. I am going to keep checking back to see what comes in.

That's about the same here. I hate when people picking parts are hasty and end up breaking things. The tach I got was kept inside. They told me they remove those type of parts right away to prevent damage. Like the factory bed rails :)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That's about the same here. I hate when people picking parts are hasty and end up breaking things. The tach I got was kept inside. They told me they remove those type of parts right away to prevent damage. Like the factory bed rails :)

What got me the Dent I got the 1 bed rail from was actually in good shape. The passenger side bed rail was completely destroyed. My next trip I will look for a tailgate.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Will you need the wiring harness for the tach Cliff?..or is it just plug and play?
The only reason I ask is that it's my understanding that on the 73-79's you need a whole different harness to use the oil/ammeter.
I don't know if it is different for the truck you have.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Will you need the wiring harness for the tach Cliff?..or is it just plug and play?
The only reason I ask is that it's my understanding that on the 73-79's you need a whole different harness to use the oil/ammeter.
I don't know if it is different for the truck you have.

Duncan I think a 85 is plug and play. I didn't look at the cluster in the Dent.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The cluster will be different, I meant if the wiring was different.
Very cool if it is plug and play.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Check out my gallery photos, it's plug and play for the Gen.7's if you have the gauges and not the idiot lights. All you need is the circuit board.

I think my current cluster has idiot lights i will check tomorrow.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I found 2 of these hub caps at the Junkyard yesterday. i may go back and get them. They are in better shape compared to the picture I found on google.

nos-ford-truck-hubcaps_4782014.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's what I had on my first 78... they look really sharp when cleaned up/

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What size are the collectors? Good Score, btw.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts