Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Started on the Interior

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I was told about a automotive paint store and went there I paid more,but I got the color I wanted. I got a can of adhesion promoter and 2 cans of Saddle paint and a throw away respirator.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I know at NLOC a lot of members convert it over to MAF using mustang parts and computer.I will have to research that more later.

I use truck MAF set up /harnesses. way easy to find here and cheap

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well we finally got my interior stripped out except the dash itself,we used 2 grocery store bags full of trash and dirt. I got the built up dirt under the door sills and used mean green on the ceiling, back wall,floor,and door frames. Looks like a different truck.

Tomorrow I will scrub the seat, and start painting interior parts. We have most everything washed except the seat belts. Trying to figure a way to clean them after getting the shoulder belts out.

100_3241-500.jpg

100_3242-500.jpg

100_3243-500.jpg

100_3244-500.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good Cliff! I would just use some soap and water on the searbelts...don't use bleach based stuff, it can weaken the material.

Well we finally got my interior stripped out except the dash itself,we used 2 grocery store bags full of trash and dirt. I got the built up dirt under the door sills and used mean green on the ceiling, back wall,floor,and door frames. Looks like a different truck.

Tomorrow I will scrub the seat, and start painting interior parts. We have most everything washed except the seat belts. Trying to figure a way to clean them after getting the shoulder belts out.

100_3241-500.jpg

100_3242-500.jpg

100_3243-500.jpg

100_3244-500.jpg

Hi Cliff, looking great! really easy to take the speedo dash out if your wanting to clean back in there. You can also clean up the cluster and swap in a factory tach! (see my gallery)
Your right, it's a different truck, amazing what dirt hides,lol smilieFordlogo

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I use resolve carpet cleaning spray on seats and seat belts. It works great and smells kinda nice and clean.

I might get some. My seats are vinyl has a couple of small rips so suct tape and seat covers until I can get new covers.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hi Cliff, looking great! really easy to take the speedo dash out if your wanting to clean back in there. You can also clean up the cluster and swap in a factory tach! (see my gallery)
Your right, it's a different truck, amazing what dirt hides,lol smilieFordlogo

I will have to slow down a bit, everyone is mad at me lol. I will have to hit the junkyard to get a proper windshield wiper knob and a antenna. A factory Tach would be nice if I can find one here.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hopefully you will find an XLT Lariat to add some more "Goodies" to your truck. I swapped almost all from an XLT Lariat I found. Are you thinking of putting on the cab lights? It's also just another plug&play option :) Oh yea, did you check out my gallery?

Oh yeah I checked your gallery. That is a sweet truck. No I don't think I will add cab lights. Most likely I will lower it to make it easier to get in and out because of my back.

So lowering,nice interior, and a nice paint job.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I am going to try to have the body work done in a year. It is in driver condition. Great thing is I have lots of time on my hands to work on the body, so I get to practice. I know some of the body I will have to be replaced.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks nice and clean Cliff! I used the Rust-O rust reformer on my floorboard with good results.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts