Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Site Rookie

Not to many guys would take their trucks out like that and actually use them, most guys would burst in to flames :D

lol I've made that same statement before, but ya know it's to each their own. If I had another one just like this one I'd probably restore it to showroom quality over time, but I've already got a grocery getter so guess what...ol' Blue's not retiring anytime soon

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Pulling travel trailers ain't no joke bro - he's got some balls ;)

I know, but the point I was making is my truck (his name is Burt) doesn't like to get too dirty :cooldude: He has carried 4,000lb campers, and now pulls a 6,000lb travel trailer, and you are right, it's no joke, especially pulling them home up the mountain where I live at 5,200' elevation on really steep sharp winding roads. I always pray going up them hills!

I retire in 3 years and will then have more time to play in the mud and have every intention of getting a play truck for that purpose before then. So, as I said, for now I LOVE watching the videos of guys like you using their trucks as intended.
Dak

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I know, but the point I was making is my truck (his name is Burt) doesn't like to get too dirty :cooldude: He has carried 4,000lb campers, and now pulls a 6,000lb travel trailer, and you are right, it's no joke, especially pulling them home up the mountain where I live at 5,200' elevation on really steep sharp winding roads. I always pray going up them hills!.
Dak

You pull that with your 77? Nice... What kinda drive train do you have?

I know, but the point I was making is my truck (his name is Burt) doesn't like to get too dirty :cooldude: He has carried 4,000lb campers, and now pulls a 6,000lb travel trailer, and you are right, it's no joke, especially pulling them home up the mountain where I live at 5,200' elevation on really steep sharp winding roads. I always pray going up them hills!

I retire in 3 years and will then have more time to play in the mud and have every intention of getting a play truck for that purpose before then. So, as I said, for now I LOVE watching the videos of guys like you using their trucks as intended.
Dak

Well good sir, I appreciate the compliment and believe you me, I'm working on getting a few more videos made here soon - just been a bit cold for my butt to be out there gettin wet and muddy lol

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
You pull that with your 77? Nice... What kinda drive train do you have?

Pretty basic. After all our trucks are work horses, right? :nana: Factory C6 tranny (with a fluid cooler) and I switched to a HD Dana70 diff a couple years ago for weight carrying capacity along with in-cab adjustable air shocks and overload springs (took the overloads off though after the camper came off) Original factory drivelines. The trailer is an easy pull really, but then my truck is, I believe, actually rated to pull many more pounds than that. I still haven't found that actual numbers though.

One of my neighbors actually came up with it when I bought him. She said he looked like a big, bad, brown burt. So it stuck.

I've never named any of my rigs...just refer to them in feminine connotations but I guess they like that cause they've never let me down ;)

Ford Truck Articles