Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Site Rookie

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That truck just didn't look right on those trails being so tight and narrow...but it looked fun as all get out. I like to see you live by the philosophy "When in doubt, throttle out." And how did you reset that tire out there?

Man out of 3 of us out there no one had a Hi-Lift lol. So I found a piece of log that wasn't too rotted and wet and we managed to lift the front end up enough to squeeze the 2nd jack underneath on the log and lift the tire up enough out of the mud to get it off. We tried unsuccessfully 3 times to seat the bead with brake parts cleaner but it wouldnt work. Finally had the bright idea to clean off the rim a little more and found the valve stem totally gone lol. Duhhh can scratch that idea. Luckily, as you can see, I had 4 spare 33" tires in the back with me. Mounted one of those on and limped my way outta there

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Looks like ya had fun I learned to carry at least two jacks a hi lift and a 20 ton bottle jack, a come along and tools. I also have a full size spare for mine that I carry. But its always fun.

Looks like ya had fun I learned to carry at least two jacks a hi lift and a 20 ton bottle jack, a come along and tools. I also have a full size spare for mine that I carry. But its always fun.

Yeah gettin stuck's half the fun ;)

Even better when you've had the better part of a case of beer lol. I was impressed when I made it up that steep hill the first time - my buddy's jeep didn't make it his first run but ol' Blue sure did. He didn't get it on camera so he wanted me to go again - told him no but maybe after a few more beers. When my bead blew I was on my 3rd run smiliegitrdone

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thats always fun but what I really love is to pull out these brand new trucks that people spend tons of money on and dont know how to use em. I just come along and yank em out. My cousin is a prime example of this and he always relies on The Mule to come and get him.

Thats always fun but what I really love is to pull out these brand new trucks that people spend tons of money on and dont know how to use em. I just come along and yank em out. My cousin is a prime example of this and he always relies on The Mule to come and get him.

There's a reason why these 30+ yr old trucks are still tearin it up and why 30 years from now these newer rigs will be coke cans or pepsi bottles ;)

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Yea!! I've had to pull my dad's GMC dually out twice allready this winter. Granted it's a 2x, but it's kind of a family joke because my whole family drives G.M.. Except me. I'm the black sheep!smiliewhathesaid

Welcome Texas!! I just made the jump recently too.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Couldnt agree with ya more last time I had to pull him out he was in a chevy 3/4 ton 4by and was dug in at the bottom of a snowy hill in a foot of snow. he tried to get another buddy of his that had a chevy but he just tried to pull him up the hill and couldnt move him so I went down where he was and pulled him backwards and got him out easy as pie then I went up the hill after he got out.

it's kind of a family joke because my whole family drives G.M.. Except me. I'm the black sheep!smiliewhathesaid

I feel ya. My friends always drove Chevy or Dodge. I always bled blue oval - learned how to drive in my dad's '83 F250 I-6 standard. Fell in love with Ford from that point on and never looked back. My buddies always teased me about how Chevy's parts can interchange throughout a wide year range, and I'd just tell em that they're lousy mechanics who can't figure out the right part so they need all the help they can get :p

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Welcome! That was a fun video. I love your supercab! I have been seeing a lot of folks talk about their 4bys, ... when I am rich and famous I would love to have one to beat up! Burt is too much a sissy for that though... and he pulls travel trailers..So I will just enjoy the pics/videos of you guys doing the mud thing smilieeatndrink
Dak

Welcome! That was a fun video. I love your supercab! I have been seeing a lot of folks talk about their 4bys, ... when I am rich and famous I would love to have one to beat up! Burt is too much a sissy for that though... and he pulls travel trailers..So I will just enjoy the pics/videos of you guys doing the mud thing smilieeatndrink
Dak

Pulling travel trailers ain't no joke bro - he's got some balls ;)

I color on that truck BTW and I see you have a race track style truck too, very nice man :D

Thanks dude. The pic has her looking a little prettier than after I got done with her at Brushy Creek. They dont call that place Brushy Creek for nothin! Brush comin out of every corner... I think the accurate paint job scheme for my truck is now Blue w/Scratches lol

P.S. Obama does suck eggs ;)

Ford Truck Articles