Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Show your 460 Truck (from any era)!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
It's absurd! It's like the new handicap or something: "Look at me! I get a special parking spot because I'm driving an electric coffin that's built like a shopping cart!"

460Trucker

Haha me too, it's unavoidable here in Mass. It's great though cause it's just me and a friend (who also drives a Ford) that have the only trucks at my high school. Everyone else has some Subaru, hyrbid, or some little audi. We stand out like sore thumbs and we are proud of it smilieFordlogo

I only have a couple of pictures of this truck, so this has been previously posted...My new 460 powered '73 f 250 Camper Special Ranger XLT. It was displayed at the St. Louis dealers show....as a '74, believe that or not...

73F-250.jpg

460Trucker

WOW! Beautiful! I love the tow mirrors on the 6th gen body style, they go so well together.

I love 460's in fact my truck is on it's third.smilieFordlogo
I did not know that Fatherdoug had that 460 truck either. Very interesting. :suspicious: :)
IMG_01683.JPG

Last edited:

460Trucker

Once again, beautiful truck Randy! Is it just the angle of the picture, or do you have different sized tires in the rear?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Love those two trucks, also helps that I'm a sucker for a yellow Ford...

and the paint to match, hell ya!!

I love parking beside a "green" car and I bet Eric does too,
Parking, hell try driving down the blvd or passing one, the looks are worth the fuel...
Or in the special "Hybrid Parking" spaces at Taco Bell :D
I don't park near the building with the truck, way too much truck for so little space to manouver...
Haha me too, it's unavoidable here in Mass. It's great though cause it's just me and a friend (who also drives a Ford) that have the only trucks at my high school. Everyone else has some Subaru, hyrbid, or some little audi. We stand out like sore thumbs and we are proud of it smilieFordlogo

Just the opposite here, trucks often outnumber the cars...

Once again, beautiful truck Randy! Is it just the angle of the picture, or do you have different sized tires in the rear?

They are bigger Mike. 12-16.5 on the back versus 9.50-16.5 on the front.
I like the look, plus they added additional stability and traction when pulling my equipment and R.V. trailer over the years.:)

Thank you 1970Custom your comment is much appreciated.

Last edited:

460Trucker

Just the opposite here, trucks often outnumber the cars...

One of the reasons I plan on moving out your way in the future :wavey:

They are bigger Mike. 12-16.5 on the back versus 9.50-16.5 on the front.
I like the look, plus they added additional stability and traction when pulling my equipment and R.V. trailer over the years.:)

Neat! They remind me of that late 60's/early 70's muscle car stance with the larger tires in the back.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
DSC01182.JPG

You all know mine by now..no need to go any further at this point.Work will continue in the spring....

I said it before and ill say it again..Love all the rigs here..they all speak in great volumes not only of the trucks..but the folks who have the love and pation to keep these dreams alive and well....Cheer's all!! were all in this together!!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
^ much like my truck, looks like hell but it runs like a top... and it can be considered a dent side and a bump side, as it has both dents and bumps on the bedside...

One of the reasons I plan on moving out your way in the future :wavey:

So long as you can handle a conservative way of life, I wanted to move away at one point in time then realized that there's no better place IMHO, everything I could ever want or do can be had here.

primetime

sawmill slave
Twist my arm a little harder...

SANY0128.JPG

SANY0127.JPG

Oh, and my stepdaughter got me a sticker for Christmas. It says "Imports are like tampons, every p**** has one." Nice trucks guys.

460Trucker

So long as you can handle a conservative way of life, I wanted to move away at one point in time then realized that there's no better place IMHO, everything I could ever want or do can be had here.

Oh absolutely, I come from a very conservative background. Simplicity and patriotism is key in my family. smilieFordlogo

Great trucks guys! That sticker is hilarious Justin.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
DSC01182.JPG

You all know mine by now..no need to go any further at this point.Work will continue in the spring....

I said it before and ill say it again..Love all the rigs here..they all speak in great volumes not only of the trucks..but the folks who have the love and pation to keep these dreams alive and well....Cheer's all!! were all in this together!!

Well said Bob! :wavey:

cheers!!

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Heres a pic of the 460 truck i USED to have..

224244_10150297885500968_462552_a.jpg

It was a nice truck, but a serious problem child. Litrally everytime i drove it something went wrong. On the plus side though the thing had tons of power even with 35's and the C6 shifted smooth, but i got so sick of being worryed if i was going to get home or not....

But, it is for sale again on craigslist for 2000 bucks if anyone things there intrested. It was a good solid truck (when i sold it) and this guy only had it since july.....

http://jxn.craigslist.org/cto/3432297198.html

As much as i hated the truck i would like to see it end up with a good home....it has a TON of potential....i just didnt have the time, or the motivation (im not a huge fan of the 87-91s).

Ford Truck Articles