Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Should I be worried?

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
You can run both a bypass oil filter & a coolant filter, the oil filter can be mounted on the frame.

I do not run a bypass oil filter as I see no benefit to them. That being said Amsoil had one of the first kits for the 6.0 so you may want to give them serious consideration, as they have a lot of experience with them. (FYI I do not personally like Amsoil marketing or lubrication products but that does not mean they do not have a good filter system).
www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I've got the Sinister coolant filter kit on my PSD. It's a quality kit that's priced decent. Yes, the hoses are crimped, but really, it'll take many, many years for a hose to go bad. If one does pop, turn the valves off at the filter and find a place to make you a new one........or buy some barb fittings and some hose and do it yourself.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Don't have any first hand experience with their kit, but with a swaged hose connection if a hose fails and they will (the hotter the climate the shorter the life span) you will either have to get a replacement hose from them or purchase new barbed fittings and hoses at you local supply house to replace them.

All the coolant filter systems on the market operate the same way and are quality products. You need to choose the system you like best as the only difference is the way the hoses are connected to the barbed fittings.

Personally I like things that are simple & easily repaired on the side of the road or 50 miles from civilization.

Don't have any first hand experience with their kit, but with a swaged hose connection if a hose fails and they will (the hotter the climate the shorter the life span) you will either have to get a replacement hose from them or purchase new barbed fittings and hoses at you local supply house to replace them.

All the coolant filter systems on the market operate the same way and are quality products. You need to choose the system you like best as the only difference is the way the hoses are connected to the barbed fittings.

Personally I like things that are simple & easily repaired on the side of the road or 50 miles from civilization.

I agree....... but the Sinister blue is pretty cool looking

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts