Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Should I be worried?

I have a 2007 F250 with the 6.0. I am about to run out my 100,000 mi warranty and wondering if I should be worried about stuff failing. Its always been stock and I have had all matainence doon religously. The only problems Ive had are 2 injectors had to be replaced around 85000 mi and I had a high pressure oil leak about a month ago. I am having long crank times again which is what it did with the high pressure oil leak. Will I be having constant issues now that Im up there in milage. I would like to drive it for a few more years but am wondering if I need to get something else to save on repair costs.

Was the High pressure oil leak fix the STC fitting?
Could also be from a bad FICM, poor oil maintenance, wrong filters, look at my sig.

Besides the long start, the only thing I would be concerned with is the coolant fluid failing and clogging the egr and oil coolers.

Do a thorough coolant flush.
http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106433
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/909035-coolant-change-101-a.html
Then use a coolant that is ELC or EC-1 Rated.
that is the only thing that would consern me.

blacksnapon

Staff member
You've said that the maintenance was done religiously. What kind of oil filter do you use? If its the kind that comes with a cap, theres your hard start problem. I've repaired several by just putting the stock(oem) filter and cap on it. Other than that, diagnostics with a higher end scanner is called for.

You've said that the maintenance was done religiously. What kind of oil filter do you use? If its the kind that comes with a cap, theres your hard start problem. I've repaired several by just putting the stock(oem) filter and cap on it. Other than that, diagnostics with a higher end scanner is called for.

I've always taken to the dealer where I bought it for them to do the maintenance. They told me the warranty would be voided if I did any on my own. So I've taken in for every scheduled service and it has Motorcraft filters on it.

Was the High pressure oil leak fix the STC fitting?
Could also be from a bad FICM, poor oil maintenance, wrong filters, look at my sig.

Not sure about where the leak was. FICM was replaced when I had injectors replaced around 85000mi. I am looking at getting a coolant filter and was wondering about flushing the system. I had it done at the dealer about a year ago and it cost $300.

Talked to a dealer the other day and he said that for $1600 I can extend my full ESP warranty to 125000 mi. Think I'll do that and when thats up I'll change a few things. New egr cooler (or delete), coolant filter, oil cooler. Anything else should I consider?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Talked to a dealer the other day and he said that for $1600 I can extend my full ESP warranty to 125000 mi. Think I'll do that and when thats up I'll change a few things. New egr cooler (or delete), coolant filter, oil cooler. Anything else should I consider?
You get a coolant filter, the egr cooler delete is unnecessary. The egr cooler goes when the oil cooler gets plugged up.

You get a coolant filter, the egr cooler delete is unnecessary. The egr cooler goes when the oil cooler gets plugged up.

Could my current egr cooler be under preforming from the build up it has now? Or if I get the coolant filter it should be ok? Also, if I extend he warranty, will the dealer let me put the coolant filter on? Seems like it would be beneficial to them as well.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Could my current egr cooler be under preforming from the build up it has now? Or if I get the coolant filter it should be ok? Also, if I extend he warranty, will the dealer let me put the coolant filter on? Seems like it would be beneficial to them as well.
Monitoring ect and eot temperatures are needed. If the difference is more than 15 degrees, oil cooler and egr cooler replacement is suggested. Talk to your service dept to see what they think about it (coolant filter). It shouldn't make a difference in warranty coverage because its a bypass system and doesn't interfere with normal coolant flow.

Monitoring ect and eot temperatures are needed. If the difference is more than 15 degrees, oil cooler and egr cooler replacement is suggested. Talk to your service dept to see what they think about it (coolant filter). It shouldn't make a difference in warranty coverage because its a bypass system and doesn't interfere with normal coolant flow.

Will they monitor the temp differences for me if I ask them to check?

Takin her in tomorrow because of the long crank time. I'll ask about having them run diagnostic. If they find a problem I'm assuming that the egr cooler would be under warranty to them to fix, but would I have to pay for them to flush and refill the system? That was like $300 last time I did it bout a year ago

Found out that the long crank was due to a bad dummy plug in the rail. Had diagnostics run and found out oil cooler is shot. EGR cooler and oil cooler both need to be replaced.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Hoe does the Sinister kit compare to Dieselsite. Are they pretty much the same?

The Sinister kit is basically a copy of the Dieselsite kit. IIRC Dieselsite was the first to market a coolant filter kit for the 6.0. I run the Dieselsite kit myself and am happy with it.
I have no experience with the Sinister kit, my only observation on the Sinsiter kit is that their hoses have crimped on fittings, which means you cannot simply replace the hoses if needed by loosening a clamp and replacing the hoses with standard hose from your local auto parts.

Either kit will work just fine, the choice is up to you.

What about a bypass oil filter kit? Does anyone have a suggestion for which one is best? Will I be able to use a coolant filter and a bypass oil filter? I had heard someone say that they mount in the same area, but I thought I had seen an Amsoil bypass oil kit that was mounted under the truck

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts