Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Red is TOTM!!

Yeah that is reeeeeeeeeeeally high. I guess the highest I've seen were 2.75's (2.73's) and don't really know too many rigs with them...but I see plenty with 3.08's. I wouldn't think that there would be anything higher 2.75's in these dentsides, that would be just ridiculous.

Um yeah I had 3.08s in a 'truck' I had once. 6" skyjacker lift and 33" tires. Went into the dunes with her and got buried damn good at the top of the tallest and steepest dune. Interesting story about that too...At one point, I had a Dodge Ramcharger on my front bumper pushing me and a jeep with a winch pulling me from behind. Couldn't budge me. Swapped the Ramcharger for a Chevy 3/4 ton and still didn't move me an inch.

Finally got one of our buddies from the local 4x4 shop with an F350 Powerstroke and 33" tires to get me out BY HIMSELF...took him 2 tries and I was freed so easily it's like I wasn't even stuck.

Anyway, original point of the story was with those 3.08s, lift, and weenie 33s, I was turning the corner on a street the next day and sure enough...lost a couple teeth on that ring gear. Eh gave me a damn good reason to take the axles my buddy had off his hands and put em to good use ;)

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yes sir blew er clear apart but the good ol ford didnt leave me stranded. When I pulled the yoke and pinion gear out I saw the teeth on it were all buggered up and the ring gear was ridin on the case.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I thought the ford 9 was unkillable..

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah it was leakin out of the axle seals and I didnt notice it all over my tires. It came out good in the end cause we bought the 76 cause I needed a vehicle.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts