Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Putting a carb on a Mod..

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I am going to email some of these links and see what I can come up with...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I have a guy locally that will dyno tune it for $500. But I hate to piss the money away on that if this carb mod can be installed and then have to pay to tune it again to get more HP. Don't get me wrong my 5.4 definatly gets outta its own way now, but I am always looking for more.
Doc to tell you the truth I really think you could see better power gains going to a carb on that engine.
Depending on the carb your engine could be infinitely tunable..

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
First, figure out if you have dual port or single port heads. I do not know what the newer ones are.

Are the intakes the same for the 5.4 and 4.6? Make sure they have one for your engine before you get too excited. :)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Tex said:
Doc to tell you the truth I really think you could see better power gains going to a carb on that engine.
Depending on the carb your engine could be infinitely tunable..

Well see that is what I am kinda thinking. If I was able to put the carb on, then tune the computer and carb together( IDK alot about carbs) but it would seem to me that a guy would have more options. I am going to email these guys and doing some research into it alot more. If I get some decent responses then I will post them here. Even if I don't go this route it would be nice to have more info on it for others.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
First, figure out if you have dual port or single port heads. I do not know what the newer ones are.

Are the intakes the same for the 5.4 and 4.6? Make sure they have one for your engine before you get too excited. :)

Yeah I don'e remember when I had the motor built. If memory serves me I have single port heads.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I am kinda hoping for, "yes sir mister Quaethem, we would LOVE to put this on your truck free of charge, just for the advertising!"

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I"m sure they will say some thing around the lines of
"Hi thank you for calling! how may I help you" or some thing...

hahahaha... dude what the heck is wrong with you tonight? boredom has taken over??

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well Doc did you call them? Come on man don't leave us hangin'!

Ok I called D'Augustino's and they said and I qoute "ummmmmmmmmm. well, I haven't really seen that before." Well dumbass its on your website....oh well.

then I called sullivan performace and he should be getting back to me shortly.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts