Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pulling the 351w tomorrow. Tips, suggestions?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How much coolant should I expect to come out of this thing? I need to find a big enough bucket.

Ryan

Dunnow about the 351W...but a 5 gallon bucket usually fills a little more than half full for me. To help contain the mess, drain out of the petcock first...that should get most of the coolant. Then pull the lower hose, and be ready to make a little mess, maybe a half gallon, but with strategic placement of the bucket, you'll catch most of it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I got mostly done I guess. It's my first time so I'm probably moving a little slower than normal. Everything is unhooked except the motor mounts and the transmission. I don't have a lift chain yet, so I figured this is a good place to stop for the night.

It's been fun so far, I labeled everything and it's not as complicated as you intimidate yourself into thinking.

I'm not making this next part up. We took off the upper manifold and found an old walnut still in it's shell under it. My friend Bryce cracked the nut and ate it. :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts