Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pulleys

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
no somoas mmmmm

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I said that the new kits come with LARGER water pump and altenator pulleys as well as a SMALLER crank pulley...thus providing the ample output needed to sufficiently produce via the LARGER pulleys...so how do those accessories turn slower?Indulge me PLEASE!I am begging you to show me the light and bring my IDIOCY to the surface in one of my previous posts......

JR

A smaller crank pulley, and larger water pump and alternator pulley will make the alternator and water pump TURN SLOWER Junior!!!

What else are you going to tell us to show us your intelligence????

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Bob, try to stay with me here...a larger pulley will act as a reduction pulley.....think of it this way.....if you have 4.11 gears with 35's your tires will turn pretty good...if you take those 35's off an put 215 75 15's on it you'll burn the tread off......the larger pulleys will turn the accessories more in one turn than they would with smaller pulleys making the size differences VOID!This is a moot point arguing this to someone who doesn't comprehend well and LISTEN forget it you're right I'm wrong whatever.

JR

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC
Bob, try to stay with me here...first off.you are an ignorant ignorant human being.....secondly.......a larger pulley will act as a reduction pulley.....think of it this way.....if you have 4.11 gears with 35's your tires will turn pretty good...if you take those 35's off an put 215 75 15's on it you'll burn the tread off......the larger pulleys will turn the accessories more in one turn than they would with smaller pulleys making the size differences VOID!This is a moot point arguing this to someone who doesn't comprehend well and LISTEN ferget it you're right I'm wrong whatever.

JR

Draw it out Junior! smaller on the crank, and larger on the accessories WILL NOT cancel out!!! Decrease size on the crank, and increase size on the accessories will both make the accessories turn SLOWER!!!

Your continuing to show us your intelligence (or lack of)!!!!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
can't we all just get along..............

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
the smaller pulley, gear w/e will spin faster while the big gear/pully/ w/e will spin slower...

go get a 10 speed mt bike. Flip it over and check it out...i dont see any reason to continue the discussion pass this.

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Ok I tried to drop it u brought it back up.......I have a smaller crank pulley on my truck..the alt and water pump pulleys are stock size....so how is it...that my voltmeter reads right on the OUTSIDE EDGE on the N on Normal?if you're theory is right it'd be on the other end of the gauge right?...but yet....when you put BIGGER alt and WP pulleys on it the gauges read as if nothing had been changed??????

JR

Bob Ayers

Durham, NC
Ok I tried to drop it u brought it back up.......I have a smaller crank pulley on my truck..the alt and water pump pulleys are stock size....so how is it...that my voltmeter reads right on the OUTSIDE EDGE on the N on Normal?if you're theory is right it'd be on the other end of the gauge right?...but yet....when you put BIGGER alt and WP pulleys on it the gauges read as if nothing had been changed??????

JR

The only thing you have proved is your voltage regulator is working, nothing about the pulley speeds!!!

Ok, one more try:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/pulleybeltcalc.html

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i dont know whos right and whose wrong. but

When your doing different size pulleys on a motor going from one to the other. The ratio is going to change from pulley to pulley. As far as the direction the motor is turnin.

So if a big one is on the crank. Your first one to the left, say its small. And half the size of the one on the crank, I believe it will be turning at twice the speed as the crank pulley. Now if you go up to the next pulley after that one and its twice the size of the pulley before it, it will be spinning at the same speed of the crank.

I cant really explain farther than that...because...i could be wrong.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Ok genius I tried to drop it u brought it back up.......I have a smaller crank pulley on my truck..the alt and water pump pulleys are stock size....so how is it...that my voltmeter reads right on the OUTSIDE EDGE on the N on Normal?if you're theory is right it'd be on the other end of the gauge right?...but yet....when you put BIGGER alt and WP pulleys on it the gauges read as if nothing had been changed??????

JR

by changing pulley sizes your really not going to see a significant change. Your stock guages arnt really that accurate, Theres a change there i assure you, but the stock guage isnt sensitive enough to read it.

For instance on the voltage, me and your gauges could be setting in the same spot. and be off by a few volts.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I do understand that however if I am sitting at a light I put the truck in neutral then flip the turn signal on it is blinking slow...but when I rev it up it blinks fast

JR

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
K guys I have to be a hardass and flex my extremely puny moderator muscles. If you want to have a discussion/debate about pulleys or truck parts or whatever, that is quite all right if not condoned. But lets keep the name calling and insulting out of the posts. I've had to edit 3 or 4 posts now and I don't want to do it again.

[/PunyMuscleFlexing]

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
What i am saying is that if you put a smaller pulley on the drive motor and have a larger pulley on an accessory....those pulleys are a certain size for the application...the accessories pulley are slightly larger than standard so as not to change the driven ratios from standard...

JR

Michigan
Wow, my debate started a big time storm. Listen, to stop the arguing, if i can afford the pulleys, il buy them. If i like them they stay, if not then il say wow i should've listened and im a huge moron. Then re sell them... I talked to my buddy who i help do engine performance work and he says it would probably be a bit better, but not much. Il be the judge of that. My money. Thanks for everyones .02 cents, sorry it had to get so angry.. Mike

Ford Truck Articles