Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post up a pic of what your truck looks like TODAY!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks like a super short bed on that thing. The bed was cut down to fit on what I'd assume to be a super cab chassis. Originally, 4x4 crew cabs were only short beds.

Sure cuts down on the utility if you're going to use it for hauling and such. Why was it originally short? Single cab, I can see, but a crew cab?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dunno why the CC 4x4's were only sb's...probably because the wb was already 155" IIRC. There's a guy that bounces around the websites that goes by cheeto, he's converting a 2wd lwb cc to a 4x4...and I'd love to do the same some day.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Dunno why the CC 4x4's were only sb's...probably because the wb was already 155" IIRC. There's a guy that bounces around the websites that goes by cheeto, he's converting a 2wd lwb cc to a 4x4...and I'd love to do the same some day.

That would be the mother of all trucks IMO. If done right convert with a D60 front axle and a dually rear. Or something like this.

FordTrucksKickGM1.jpg

(courtesy of FordTrucksKickGM)

That would be a rough one though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Not sure how I feel about that pic, but I've always wanted a better alternative for a dually rear on a dent. The GM fenders don't flow well at all...or that leaves a flat bed. Can't remember where I saw it, but there was a guy that 'stretched/bellowed' out the rear fenders...so it kinda looked like 97-03 flareside fenders...and then put a super single in the rear...and the was pretty secksy. I've also thought about ubbing the rear in an effort to not need fenders. But yeah, a long bed dentside crew is definitely on my list of future projects.

My bed measures out around 5ft long. with the tailgate down i have plenty space. i an still haul 2 dirt bikes or a dirt bike and a quad no problem. Before i converted and i had the long bed, i stuffed 2 quads, a 250cc dirt bike and a 50cc dirt bike in the bed with the tailgate shut!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
^^^Not sure how I feel about that pic, but I've always wanted a better alternative for a dually rear on a dent. .

Yeah, I don't know what would really flow right on a dent AFA dually fenders, but like I said, if done right and looks good, I think a dually rear would be awesome. But, how to do it right would be the main thing. That 6x6 in the pic, I'd never do anything like that. I don't want to say that's a waste of a crew cab, but custom that's for sure.

Pic of my dents taken over the weekend (and my Super Duty happened to sneak in the picture as well...

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nice collection!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I'm not entirely sure a picture could get more sexy...unless of course you keep adding sweet trucks to your collection.

Having all of the trucks CLEAN would have helped, but I didn't have that much motivation...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very, very nice.....love them dents!!!!!!!!

The 77 F150 in my avatar is DOA. The 351M died while I was building the brown truck, so I retired it to parts donor status. It gave its rust-free southern bed and the hood with the scoop on it up to the brown truck, and the C6 is sitting on a stand getting ready to be swapped to the brown truck as well. The front clip will also get swapped to the brown truck someday, as the rad support and inner fenders have some serious cancer in them. Other than that, there isn't much good left on it. Cab and frame are rusted bad.

The red dumper isn't technically all mine. It is a joint venture between me, my brother, and my neighbor. We have said for years that we NEED to get a dump truck, and when a relative of mine hinted that he might sell his farm truck, we went in together and bought it. Paid $500 for it and drove it home. It is slowly getting restored, but it gets used often, so we can't tear it apart for a full resto. Here is a picture of it when we bought it.

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

A relative of mine bought this truck in the early 90s and had it painted the IH tractor red by a local guy. He also laid out the custom stripes, which were painted on before it was cleared. Obviously it has seen its better days, but we are giving it lots of love and getting it back into shape.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Does that thing ever see the road?? lol she's a beaut - I'd be afraid to take her out on pavement let alone a pebble gets in the tire tread

He pulls it out onto the driveway every now and then. But I'm sure he sweeps before!

Thanks Charles. I've put about 400 miles on it in the 4 years I've had it. 300 of which was the 1st year. Bought it in Oct 06. Shameful isn't it, nice truck like that "not" rotting away in a garage.

The 77 F150 in my avatar is DOA. The 351M died while I was building the brown truck, so I retired it to parts donor status. It gave its rust-free southern bed and the hood with the scoop on it up to the brown truck, and the C6 is sitting on a stand getting ready to be swapped to the brown truck as well. The front clip will also get swapped to the brown truck someday, as the rad support and inner fenders have some serious cancer in them. Other than that, there isn't much good left on it. Cab and frame are rusted bad.

The red dumper isn't technically all mine. It is a joint venture between me, my brother, and my neighbor. We have said for years that we NEED to get a dump truck, and when a relative of mine hinted that he might sell his farm truck, we went in together and bought it. Paid $500 for it and drove it home. It is slowly getting restored, but it gets used often, so we can't tear it apart for a full resto. Here is a picture of it when we bought it.

A relative of mine bought this truck in the early 90s and had it painted the IH tractor red by a local guy. He also laid out the custom stripes, which were painted on before it was cleared. Obviously it has seen its better days, but we are giving it lots of love and getting it back into shape.

I opted for something alittle less expensive as far as taxes , insurance and such. And hardly any maintenance.

0054.JPG

Has it's own battery and hydrolic pump. It can carry 8K #'s but I've had so much on it that it wouldn't lift to dump.

Newly acquired 77 F100

Passed this truck for two weeks without stopping to look at it. I knew I would buy it, so tried to resist. Well, I stopped last weekend and, sure enough, ended up driving it home. Hoping to get started soon with fixing it up. It has the original 300 straight six with 40,000 original miles. A little (maybe a lot) of body and sheetmetal work and I should have a nice truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
  • IMG_0384.jpg
  • IMG_0385.jpg
  • IMG_0386.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts