Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post up a pic of what your truck looks like TODAY!

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
My ford is sitting under a tarp in front of a barn a whole state away. I could post a picture of the Cummins though :horrormovie:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

This should be for all of FTF, not just Gen 6.

Love to see these old trucks still working (especially since mine never does) but that background doesn't look like firewood type winters. Maybe camping or the occasional fire in the fireplace on a cool winter's day, eh?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Had to move it to put some shelving up yesterday.

016-1.jpg

Love to see these old trucks still working (especially since mine never does) but that background doesn't look like firewood type winters. Maybe camping or the occasional fire in the fireplace on a cool winter's day, eh?

Thanks!

We have a pretty crazy climate over here... -35 winters and +35 summers. Love the heat, and don't mind the cold either (other than the salt on the roads, and the cold drives).

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Took this pic yesterday, specifically for this thread:

DSC04560.JPG

You can even see the roof of my mother's 'Sploder and the cab lights on Thunder.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You can even see the roof of my mother's 'Sploder and the cab lights on Thunder.

Not seeing thunder.... But it's nice to FINALLY see a pic of red and bronc that isn't 209304u82 years old. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Look right behind Red's cab, above the gas filler cap, and you'll see a little bit of Thunder.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
^^^Look right behind Red's cab, above the gas filler cap, and you'll see a little bit of Thunder.

Seeing it now! I thought thunder sat higher.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's about 40ft to the other side of Red and I'm taking the pic up hill.

Sorry for the blury pic, the wife just took this for me with her cell.

The F100HD is waiting patiently for me to get home so she can get some more attention.....

IMAG0005.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is that a short bed on that rig? Looks good.

Looks like a super short bed on that thing. The bed was cut down to fit on what I'd assume to be a super cab chassis. Originally, 4x4 crew cabs were only short beds.

frame is a 78 f150 2wd std cab. crew cab body swapped on. dana 60s front and rear, cut down 8ft bed to somewhere around 4ft. its a pretty one off custom. i built it all and its not even close to done. still needs a t-case installed and new drivelines.

That crew looks pretty good with that cut down bed. Definitely custom. Did it take much to swap the crew cab on the frame?

yeah. I bought the 76 crew cab short bed truck. it was a factory highboy. dana 60s and a divorced np205. the bed was shot, the front end was smashed up, the rear axle was taken apart and the frame was rusty.

so i salvaged the dana 60 front, the cab the divorced np205 and some other parts and scrapped the truck.

Due to the fact the cab was designed for a highboy and the narrow frame, when we tried to make the rear cab mounts they didnt fit right. so i ended up making a body bushing and using a bolt and a custom bracket. hasnt broken yet, seems to hold up good. then i cut down the box and welded it back up. It was 3 days of SOLID work becuase we had to swap everything from wiring, interior, doors, paint, box, fenders ect. then to swap in the dana 60 and the lift was another 2 day project. I still need to build some braces, get the transfer case in, new drivelines, convert from automatic to a 4spd and get bigger tires haha.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts