Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post A Picture of your 1980-1986 F-Series Truck

Fellro

Staff member
Typically, the options are thumbnail and full size image, it would seem you clicked thumbnail...

166390_1790967620895_1440775441_1959986_2285033_n.jpg

trying this out, whoa it worked!

Fellro

Staff member
I wouldn't personally worry about the original paint, unless you like it. With different wheels, it could make it pop, but it's your rig, so I would do whatever I wanted to it if it were mine. Don't expect these trucks to get the high bucks like the "original" muscle cars do with the assembly markings. I doubt they will get that even another 20 years down the road. Some striping to make a better transition wouldn't hurt anything either, as it is a pretty sudden switch from the white underlay to the orange.Some highlight striping on the upper part of the fenders and cab wouldn't be bad either.

Last edited:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Thanks for the reply ! The color is starting to grow on me. Definitely one of a kind where I live. Lots of looks as you can imagine. Swapped a lot of the options to it, so it's an XL now. Having way to much fun with the truck, you can actually work on them. Gas mileage sucks, but it does the job and more for the farm. 2000lbs of horse bedding pellets, no worries !! Long live the old trucks smilieFordlogo

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
To be honest, I don't think Orange would have even been an option in the mid 80's. Either way, my gf would totally love your truck man, she loves orange.lol. I'd definitely keep it, it's definitely unique.

Fellro

Staff member
There used to be 2 orange trucks around here, about 85-86 vintage, they were factory.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
To be honest, I don't think Orange would have even been an option in the mid 80's. Either way, my gf would totally love your truck man, she loves orange.lol. I'd definitely keep it, it's definitely unique.

Thanks Man !! It definitely came off the line with orange paint. Every panel has a code number on it, 4016 (firewall, fenders, hood, etc.) Probably had an order for service vehicles. I have made up my mind to keep it the way it is. Plus with the donor parts all installed, it's now a luxury model....LOL :beer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts