Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post A Picture of your 1980-1986 F-Series Truck

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Hey Mattx2214, do you have the factory harness too ? How about a pic. I'm going to the wreckers today, they said a truck came in with cab lights, if they're crappy, at least I can get all the correct measurements for the holes and see where the harness plugs into. ( heard that it's on the drivers side kick panel ) What would you want for a price ?

primetime

sawmill slave
None of mine have ever leaked, and I`ve added them to all but one of my trucks. I always use oem stuff though. Don`t get me started on sunroofs however.
The hardest part about installing them is fishing the wiring between the roof panels and down the A-pillar, but even that`s not that bad.
As far as the wiring, it does hook up behind the kick panel. I pulled some off of an 86, the ground wire(black) was hooked to the truck with a screw, and the power wire(brown) had a single wire plug. Hope this helps.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Hi primetime, thanks for the info. I was lucky today and got the complete cab light option from a truck at the wreckers that came in today. Was able to see first hand where the harness plugged into : ) Can't wait to install !!!! Took all the measurements, just need to buy a metal bit to drill in the roof. The factory gaskets make a very good water tight seal. There were no signs of leaking from the donor truck. :)

Hey Mattx2214, do you have the factory harness too ? How about a pic. I'm going to the wreckers today, they said a truck came in with cab lights, if they're crappy, at least I can get all the correct measurements for the holes and see where the harness plugs into. ( heard that it's on the drivers side kick panel ) What would you want for a price ?
I might have a factory harness laying around. ill have too look tomorrow and ill let you know

Dmurf

Certified Ford Tech
841.jpg

primetime

sawmill slave
Ooooh, brings back memories of the 86 that introduced me to big block four speed power. He didn`t look quite that nice though.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I thought I had posted a pic of mine.... can't seem to find it in this thread, so here it is.

IMG_1753.JPG

came a long way from a base truck, but was a really straight truck to start :)

You know I drool when I see your truck. Now wheres my towel?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
:drool: thanks Cliff :) Yours will be even nicer, your putting on new paint!! A few more trips to the wreckers, and your golden. To much fun isn't it. Really like being able to work on these old trucks, and I don't mind about the bad mileage.

smilieFordlogo
Thanks,I am really having fun,it's driving one of my sons crazy and my wife is having fun going with me to the junkyard.

Bad mileage? It's better than high car payments and insurance. So to me it works out.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Thanks,I am really having fun,it's driving one of my sons crazy and my wife is having fun going with me to the junkyard.

Bad mileage? It's better than high car payments and insurance. So to me it works out.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid X100

side note, I got a couple of pics for the shelves and hardware, but need to feed horses, be back shortly :)

Ford Truck Articles