Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post A Picture of your 1980-1986 F-Series Truck

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
hey hazzard madwolf what kinda fuel mileage r u getting with ur 460?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
hey hazzard madwolf what kinda fuel mileage r u getting with ur 460?

460's will get you between 10 and 15mpg's depending on the kind of driving you do.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
thats what i figured...my 96' crewcab gets around 13 on a good day. i was going to go look at a gen 7 crew cab dually i saw w a forsale sign in a yard n idk wether its the 6.9 or a 460...i reely want it to be a 6.9...i just figured id see if there was much of a fuel economy difference between the older carbed 460 and the later efi model n iv heard the 6.9 can get 16-19 on a good day

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Shouldn't that be in the dentside section???????:wasntme: smilietease

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Cody,I want that Front Bumper and the lower bodyside moldings in front of the the rear wheels.lol.

Well,it's not my truck,but since we have a lack of Active 7th gen owners,and since half the interior is in my truck,why not.I pretty much consider it my Parts Truck.

This is the truck my Seat,Woodgrain door panel trim,and Lower Bodyside Moldings came off of.It's also the closest i've came to a Ranger Lariat radio bezel,however someone grabbed the entire dash from the truck including the bezels before I could get to them.:(

picture114kj.jpg

That truck was the top of the line back in 1980.It ain't no more.

Fellro

Staff member
Mine is hardly worth showing off any more, and at this time, has become a barn resident until I can figure out what is going on with the injection pump timing. I would love to bring my dad's 84 extended cab back to it's former glory, but that will be much time and money down the road...

Fellro

Staff member
My dad's is an XLT, was pretty much top of the line back when he bought it in 84. Almost if not as bad as your pic... My 86 is flaking paint pretty badly, tried redoing it a bit, but it is really coming off now... Box is rusty but usable. Fenderwells like usual, and now I can't put the tailgate on any more because that rusted out behind the pivot. The truck itself is my avatar pic... it was a bit better back then.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ford's paint in the 80's was never good,especially if a truck sat outside alot.The paint on the roof of my truck seems like it lost all it's clear and is really rough,and the brown color in my fenders washed away on top,yet the clearcoat is intact.Makes the top of the fenders look beige.lol.

That sucks to hear about the rust.You'll probably have to find a donor truck to cut that section out for the tailgate pivot,unless you have know how to make a new one yourself.

My truck has a relatively small amount of rust consistent with the truck sitting and retaining water in the bed,and water leaking into the cab from the front windshield and firewall area,fortunately it's mainly in all the regular areas,and replacement panels are readily available.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Heres the 85 again with new white spokers and chrome center caps.
006-10.jpg

The new truck.
008-10.jpg

Its a 86 F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 only 96,000 miles on it. Been sittin for three years at least.
010-5.jpg

Its got a little rust but nothin too bad yet gonna take care of it before it gets any worse.
The old 460 before removal of california emissions junk.
005-9.jpg

After new the Weiand stealth intake and remanufactured carb that came with the truck.
017-1.jpg

Drives good for the most part but the tranny needs the top end rebuilt and the shifter bent back over toward the passenger side. Right now it is way over to the drivers side and in your leg when its in second. The rest of it feels great It does have the typical worn out drivers side of the seat and somebody spilled a soda on the passenger side floor board but the rest of the interior is in great shape. Its got a factory tack and an odometer which is the first Ive seen in this generation.
011-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

Hasnt been messed with a whole lot besides this wierd little CB, a trailer brake controller and a lock right locker in the rear end.
015-1.jpg

Tailgate is in great shape and is only missin the D off the Ford lettering.
018-1.jpg

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
600 bucks. Didnt run because the guy was an idiot and had the battery hooked up backwards. Really hard to find good ones around here because of the stuff they put on the roads in the winter time just rusts em out so fast its hard to catch it early. It is also set up for haulin a camper with dual batteries and bed tie downs.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
It wasnt even in wrong he just had the cables swapped. It was on the local classifieds here for 18 or 19 days and nobody bought it. We were originally lookin for a parts truck but when we got lookin at it we saw that it was actually in better shape than the 85 and it was carbed like we wanted on the 85. So instead of swappin the 85 over to a carb we figured this would be alot better. Its got cruise and AC not sure if the cruise works but the compressor for the AC is siezed so all the electronic stuff probly still works on it. We have a good compressor from the 85 that were gonna put on there and then take it up to a shop and have em re charge it.

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Sweet deal man.She looks really good.Definitely a great price too.

The tach is part of the sports instrumentation package.Came on alot of the Broncos.It was an option,so you don't really see it on anything but Broncos and higher trim trucks.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Ive seen em before on other trucks but what confuses me is the 85s a lariat with the explorer package and a 4 speed so I always thought it shouldve had one guess whoever ordered it didnt want it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts