Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post A Picture of your 1980-1986 F-Series Truck

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Fuel injected 302......These things sound amazing with 1 1/4 inch dual pipes with short-case glasspacks.....talk about LOUD and poppish..

what kind of intake setup is that?

what kind of intake setup is that?

I made a mistake on that post you quoted me on, I shoulda edited it:headbang: I meant 2 and a quarter inch but the intake setup is stock on my truck..

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I was gonna say.. 1 1/4" holy crap.

I was gonna say.. 1 1/4" holy crap.

Yeah that would be quite small haha.....anyways the truck sounds amazing with the thush glasspacks....nice and mellow at idle but you know it's there, give it some gas and it gets LOUD......smilieFordlogo

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Sweet deal, we need a soundclip. :)

P.s. it's pretty hard to make a 302 sound bad (like crap) but easy to make it sound goooooood. :D

Last edited:
Sweet deal, we need a soundclip. :)

P.s. it's pretty hard to make a 302 sound bad (like crap) but easy to make it sound goooooood. :D

I agree!!:) I've heard other trucks around with 302's that have duals and I have yet to hear a crappy one..

I can't wait to get mine fixed up a lil...it really doesn't need much, I replaced the alternator today because it locked up on me and snapped my old belt so I had to replace the alternator and the belt..but heck it's got a new starter/solenoid/ignition switch/02 sensor/maf sensor/new true dual exhaust/tuneup/and now a new alternator and belt. Im going to try and save back a lil bit of cash to have the engine/and trans. rebuilt whenever one or the other gives out(hopefully neither will go out for a long time though), because then i'd like to have both rebuilt at the same time so I can save time and money later on down the road...i'd love to add a few goodies to the 302 like headers/maybe a nice cam/and have the engine bored .30 over and maybe have some other performance upgrades done, and I definetly am wanting to give it a nice lift and bigger tires. Might eventually have the dual exhaust extended out behind the rear tires but as for now it's doing really good and it sounds pretty mean, and I ain't fixing what ain't broke so it'll just have to do for now...Might also add a dark sheet of window tint on the rear window and have the door windows/and wings tinted lightly to give it a decent look..also will probably be looking at getting a new pass side fender/new grill/pass. side headlight bezel/and definetly a new bed. And I might have the whole truck sanded down and re-primered in gray or flat black, not sure which I would like better!?!? Keep in mind it's not going to be a show truck but I do want it to look decent and maybe add a lil more horsepower/torque to boot....so it's a work in progress pretty much and on my budget im doing little at a time, but it'll come together nicely im sure....

Last edited:
Oh, and I will get a sound clip up as soon as I can..smiliegitrdone

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
boo skand, you dont fall in this gen! haha its cool though, your truck is really nice looking. your brothers truck looks pretty kickass too. i really like the powerstroke diesel front bumpers. i wanted to get that on my '95 F150 but they're hard to come by at the salvage yards.

Yea those bumpers like to rust out to. You have some real solid looking trucks there. Course I get My rides over Lancaster way any more . No major rust issues.

You in the logging or construction Bis??? Your yard looks like Mine used to .

How far from Carlise PA 4 HRS or so??

Lost, nah im only 2 hrs from carlisle. thanks for the compliment, my f150 has been extremely solid and reliable and hopefully my f250 is the same way when i get it running. i like the looks of your truck too. white always looks real nice.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Here's one: '86 F-250 4x4 oil burner and T-19.

side1.jpg

and the other: '84 Bronco that I picked up from the original owner with 97k documented miles for a whopping $250. 300-6/t-18/NP208

side.jpg

1970custom, i really like that bronco! it looks really good, especially for only $250. that's a steal. Which engine does the oil burner have?

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
UglyTruck2.jpg

this was blue.... aka now "ugly truck"

i really don't even think i need to say more about it except it's a 85 with a 300 and a 3 spd with granny gear manual... that truck has pulled trailers to places my dad's 3/4 ton chevy cldn't get to... but then, maybe it was the driver too ;-)

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
One would think that the pink/red tribal and the blue flames would clash but they look damn good, why not paint match the grille???

All in all, I'd drive that thing every day...

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Here's my newer truck, an '80 Flaresider F100 Ranger XLT...

DSCF0406.jpg

Oh come on now, have faith. I'll be taking the truck apart when I get back home from the holidays to sandblast, epoxy prime and weld in new patch panels were needed.

Tyl

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts