Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy S#!T J...that's what your truck looked like LAST year...so all in all how long did it take you to get it to the complete stage? What did you have before your truck? Care to disclose how much $$ it took to get it to where it is today?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's impressive JB!!!!

Yeah it is...but what I really wanna know about is how the peach bike project in the foreground turned out. I wonder if it's tricked out with chrome training wheels and everything...hahahaha.

truck was 2500 initially. it took a couple soild months of working and probably 3-4 grand in parts to get it looking and stopping like it does now. free paint and doing the body work myself and having a family member spray it saved me a ton of money. the engine is more but i never had a finished total on that. probably like 6-7k. i had to edit the amounts, because i kept forgetting stuff like a new box and headers.

i dont care if you use it as a back ground...wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
DON'T !!!!! Believe it or not these dentsides are really starting to become scarce.

Yes they are. A local junkyard I went to for quite awhile had a few of these but were fairly complete and lots of good parts. No one was stripping on them except me for about a year and one day I went there and they were all gone. Saw them all crushed. Pissed me off something fierce. But, that's the way it goes. Many junkyards don't care about good ol trucks. I did see a crapload of POS cars though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
There really aren't a ton of dentsides in the pick-n-pulls or junkyards around here, but there are always some there. Luckily, for me though, there are ALWAYS great dentsides being sold in my area with great bodies and other parts for under $1000. There have been several times I buy a runner and drive it until I pluck enough pieces off it until it's no longer driveable.

havi

third member
I scrapped out a 1978 F150 4x4 long bed, 1978 F150 4x4 shortbed, 1974 2wd F100, and got rid of a pair of '78 stepsides, and sold two '78 Broncos all in the last 7 years or so....always thought to myself there are plenty more out there to pick from. Well, in the last couple years, I haven't seen much of any, anymore. They're either bought up sitting in others yards for parts, or crushed. I wake up with nightsweats from time to time with heavy scrapper's/seller's remorse. Sorry to get off topic.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
If I could get some of those "runners", I'd buy 2 or 3 of them and just keep them around for extras. My father in law has a junkyard with some of these trucks. Many have been stripped over the years, but still some good stuff. I told him if he ever gets the urge to start crushing, I'd take a few trucks from him and strip them down.

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Ok, how about some actual pics to lighten the mood.

Here's a few "dents" YelloThumbUp

The '77 150 that started it all for me. My dad bought it in 1980 and its the only truck he owned untill he bought his new 2000 Sduty. And yeah he still has it, we're in the process of a complete body and drivetrain refurbish. I have so many memories in that truck!

Dads1977F150.jpg

And then there was the '78 150 that I had in high school. Nice truck, was this way when I bought it, minus the 33" BFG Muds. I sacked a lot of groceries to pay for those! 3" Rancho lift. This is the day I sold it.

1978F150DayIsoldit.jpg

Then there's the current 1979 F250 that I still (and will always) own. Here's the day that I brought it home. Only 38,000 miles on the clock!!!

1979F250FirstDayHome.jpg

Lookin' a little different, add a leaves all around with (terrible I know, but they were cheap and large) BFG all terrains. Didn't rub! Tinted the rear window and added a couple of lights up front.

1979F250addaleavesand35BFGs.jpg

Bolted on the current wheel/tire combo for the first time. Made a big difference in looks and off-road performance. Also seen is the tube grill, 4" lift and larger side molding in the "dent".

1979F250brandnewshoes.jpg

Here's pretty much how she looks today. Many hours of enjoyable wrenching later.

IMG_1235.jpg

Here's my buddy's 1978 F150 and my '79 250 posing rock crawler at a local lake back when my truck was very stock.

MeandRandyontherocks.jpg

......and here's the 1979 F150 two wheeler that me and dad picked up last saturday for $800, hahaha! Aside form the little bit of surface rust it's in great shape and will be at some point donating it's box and various other things to my 79 250 and dad's 77 150. I hate to do that to a functional supercab, but at least it's not a 4x and it's not getting crushed. Pretty sure that it had the factory cb in it. Found the wiring for it and a instruction manual in the glove box. My '05 and dad's '00 Sdutys in the backdrop.

IMG_1683.jpg

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts