Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No lowered stuff for me, I don't mind looking at them but I would prefer smoking all 4 tires followed by the look of surpise on some poor ricer's face :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A bunch of nice looking 4x4s but don't any of you dent owners build street trucks out of them? Lowered 2WD trucks.

If it doesn't have a transfer case, it isn't for me...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stop to oogle over a well built street machine.

First picture of the truck still needs some paint and bodywork yet whats everyones thoughts?!?smilieFordlog
IMHO fix her up. Do not go overboard. The prices of even the nicest do not support going crazy with them. On the street transfer cases, extra drivelines and differentials are just dead weight. Engine for engine you will be faster with better mileage and less to go wrong. So nothing wrong with fixing up a two-wheel drive.

Last edited:
Well when it gets to a truck this old I prefer to retire them from serious service. My truck hasn't hauled anything more serious than groceries or a case of beer since I have owned it. I can appreciate almost anybodies build regardless of what it is. I will say I am a bit prejudice when it comes to 4drs unless a pickup or in the 30's. I just can't get into a 4dr no matter what it looks like.

I guess lowering a truck is comparable to lifting one. Unless someone is doing some really serious off roadin' lifting serves no purpose other than looks. I can get a set of 33's on my '90 F150 & it will go pretty much anywhere it needs to with exception of really serious rock climbing. Like I said originally though you guys all have a bunch of nice looking 4x4s. Don;t remember whose it is but the red & white 1 really gets me.

IMHO fix her up. Do not go overboard. The prices of even the nicest do not support going crazy with them. On the street transfer cases, extra drivelines and differentials are just dead weight. Engine for engine you will be faster with better mileage and less to go wrong. So nothing wrong with fixing up a two-wheel drive.

Im definetly not going overboard just getting the body straight and fresh paint im doing all the work myself so should save me some money, so far so good!! Im wanting to put a 4 inch lift on this june and do some wheeling hopefully!!smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
ForumRunner_20120522_083531.jpg

At a breakfast meeting and parked next to a more modern F150.....mmmmm, I think I'll stick with my dent!!! Plus I paid less for it! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No comparison Ken!! I agree X2!

Thanks....same here!

The pic was uploaded directly to FTF from my phone...here's a bigger picture from an emailed pic from my phone to my desktop to here:

2012-05-22_08-11-14_410cleanedup.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I forgot you had that truck Derek!..nice!!

havi

third member
Nice truck, Derek! tastefully done without too much hoopla and trinkets.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice....those headers will look good on it also.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts