Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your 87-96 and 97 F250's and up

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
IMG_20120128_064057.jpg

IMG_20120128_064038.jpg

Very nice!!!

Picked up this ole girl last week. Bought her at an estate sale, after the owners family began moving all the property. She's a Texas truck, 115K on the clock, and literally spent the last 5 years in a garage. The good... Texas truck, little to no rust, low miles for the year. The bad. The clutch needed to be replaced, along with 2 brake lines. Looks like the radius arm bushings are pretty dry rotted, and I'm sure the ball joints will need freshing up. This is the first 300 I've owned, and I gotta say she really purrs. It is just about the most basic truck I have ever owned, just a plain ole XL with NO frills. The owner was a little old man that just dawdled around town. Part of me wants to lift the front end and install a limited slip rear end (for mild winter running/ easy beach runs), but then the other part says just leave her alone.... What do you all think I should do? BTW... get her for a thousand, but then the clutch and brake lines brought it up to about $1300. I had some 31 10.50's laying around, and 4 spare aluminum rims, so that was a wash... I think it spruces her up a bit.
red_f150.png

ahhh double post

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Picked up this ole girl last week. Bought her at an estate sale, after the owners family began moving all the property. She's a Texas truck, 115K on the clock, and literally spent the last 5 years in a garage. The good... Texas truck, little to no rust, low miles for the year. The bad. The clutch needed to be replaced, along with 2 brake lines. Looks like the radius arm bushings are pretty dry rotted, and I'm sure the ball joints will need freshing up. This is the first 300 I've owned, and I gotta say she really purrs. It is just about the most basic truck I have ever owned, just a plain ole XL with NO frills. The owner was a little old man that just dawdled around town. Part of me wants to lift the front end and install a limited slip rear end (for mild winter running/ easy beach runs), but then the other part says just leave her alone.... What do you all think I should do? BTW... get her for a thousand, but then the clutch and brake lines brought it up to about $1300. I had some 31 10.50's laying around, and 4 spare aluminum rims, so that was a wash... I think it spruces her up a bit.
red_f150.png

Having some sort of a locking diff is nearly always a bonus.

That looks really nice ... is that black on grey for the paint or are my eyes getting old.

january_2012_016.JPG

january_2012_015.JPG

january_2012_013.JPG

Just a few larger shots of my newest $1000 aquisition...

XL, 300, standard, 2wd... Plain jane vanilla ford!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts