Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Paint my grill?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
:box2: owned!

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I myself want to get the Clear set but also the clear turn signal , they look good.
just on a side note , Chris they got your number everytime.:rofl:

MIke

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
Weren't color matched grilles an option on some models/trim packages on this generation? Buddy of mine had the Forest Green / light copper two-tone paint, with the grill inner painted forest green to match the top color. Looked sharp. The white ones do look good to me, very CLEAN looking. Black in the grill looks FANTASTIC on a black truck. I just seem to keep running outta round tuits, and haven't done mine yet (in 15+ years). I've seen 'em totally color matched, and with the chrome combo. All the Lightning's had color matched grills, IIRC, and no chrome on them. Nites had full black-out, bumpers and all. Wicked lookin machines.

I just wish I knew where to get the stripe kit I have on mine. It's a Ford part, but darned if I can find it anywhere. In the entire time I've owned my truck, I've seen maybe 8 others with the same stripe package. I'd like to give the ol' Moriah a new paint job (staying with black), but need those decals first. They'll have to be peeled off and replaced if I get it painted.

...........????? couldn't you just give it a go with your photoshop and a copy of your front grill and all picture??? . . . . . { just curious of if this is possible to do and all }....:idea:

mr. Charles

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
...........????? couldn't you just give it a go with your photoshop and a copy of your front grill and all picture??? . . . . . { just curious of if this is possible to do and all }....:idea:

mr. Charles

Lol I already tried that with white and it didn't look very realistic! Didn't you see the pic?

whitegrill.jpg

A friend of mine had her ranger grill, headlight buckets, bumpers, and everything else painted the body color (red). The tailgate was smoothed too. The headlight assemblies and the tail lights were euros. It had a soft toneau (roll up). I think it looked great...until her husband decided to hunt deer with it.

I will look on my old CDs tomorrow for a pic...before the wreck.

.......maybe i have it wrong in my head & reading wise...{ that old age, i guess, huh....:wasntme: } but, i was thinkin you wanted to have the whole center_grill, what's between the headlight's, to be/ look_like of White????......no chrome and all???...... er' am i wrong for what your looking for???

mr. Charles

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well that idea also got tossed around, but I originally thought to JUST paint the gray plastic parts on the inside of the grill.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I have my orig stock grey one. I was thinking about color matching it to my truck like the 05 and up ones. So Id have the headlight trim and grill face Red and then the inside parts black or just leave it grey.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Yes some trucks of this generation did come like this as an option...(ie mark 3) I have it on mine and it looks prety good with the chrome around it...but the paint will not let the bugs go...huge pain in the but.....you could pull a Chris and put Herculiner in there...hmm probly not a bad idea.....heh.Ebay has the same euro headlights as LMC for like 40 bucks rather than 170......Later

JR

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got Herculiner on the fenders not the grill, humm you got me thinking. Id hate to get the bugs out of the Hurculiner.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
hey john112deere that could almost pass for a Cowboys Nfl truck---for us cowboy fans on here!!! boy they let me down this year!! :(

theres a guy running around tahlequah oklahoma with a special edition Dallas cowboys ford ranger...its cowboys colors. With a list of championships, Season stats on the tail gate. painted to match grill. Alloy wheels with blue stripes. a blue and white star on the center cap. A matching bed topper. And matchin interior. I used to do the guys tractor tires...all the time. Wish i would have snapped some pics of it.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Sorry boys im a Giants fan. Is there a Giants edition?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Whats sad is San Fran is also my team, most of my friends are all San Fran when I was a kid, and all my family is Giants. So im both lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts