Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Noticed about Instrument clusters

After you remove the cluster, you take the cluster apart and the two screws for the speedo.
Piece of cake

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
So then it's just a direct swap? Cuz I have a 100 mph speedo that I've wanted to put in since I got the Bronco, but I didn't want all the extra hassle.

It was a direct swap in my truck :D

It's a light that comes on when you push the gas pedal too hard telling you..you are wasting fuel.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It was a direct swap in my truck :D

Alright thanks Tex...looks like I'll probably be doing the swap over spring break then.

It's a light that comes on when you push the gas pedal too hard telling you..you are wasting fuel.

That light would then be on constantly in any of my rigs...haha.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I did the 100mph swap a while back, pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the "new" odometer in the 100mph'er to match my old 85'er.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yep sure am...I just didn't know the difficulty of it...but it sounds easy enough, so I'll go ahead and do it. I have a 100mph speedo in the parts shed...a little ratty, so I may look for a 'new' one...I know a guy on the other site who has 7 of them that all look pretty good, and he said I could have one for $20.

The bulb came out of my '75 F150's "Low Fuel Economy" warning in 1975. ;)

At first I thought it'd be pretty cool thing to have, but didn't take long for
the sucker to get on your nerves since almost every time I pressed the gas
pedal the warning light would come on.

I removed the sorry sucker so long ago I don't remember the details but the
sending unit was sensitive to engine vacuum. Low engine vacuum means...
"you got your foot in it" and not much more.

Alvin in AZ

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Now that I remember Ben, you may have to drill a small hole in the 100 mph'er for the high beam indicator (I had to). Alot of the original 100 clusters (I'm actually looking at 2 right now) have the high beam indicator way over on the right side of the gauge cluster. The later models had the indicator integrated into the speedo.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Lee...I appreciate it. I'm sure when I actually get to it and can see what needs to be done when it's in front of me I'll be right here on this site asking questions...haha. Right now I gotta get a busted tstat housing bolt out of my block...

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks Lee...I appreciate it. I'm sure when I actually get to it and can see what needs to be done when it's in front of me I'll be right here on this site asking questions...haha. Right now I gotta get a busted tstat housing bolt out of my block...

Uh Oh.....time for an EZ out!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Uh Oh.....time for an EZ out!!!

Yeah...but I gotta buy a cordless drill first...I'm about 300yds from the closest wall outlet. You think a 7.2V Black and Decker WalMart special is up to the task?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Yeah...but I gotta buy a cordless drill first...I'm about 300yds from the closest wall outlet. You think a 7.2V Black and Decker WalMart special is up to the task?
Possibly, but you better have a couple fully charged batteries and a good drill bit. You don't want to break a bit inside the middle of the busted bolt.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Possibly, but you better have a couple fully charged batteries and a good drill bit. You don't want to break a bit inside the middle of the busted bolt.

Yeah save the breaking off for the easy-out! :rolleyes:

Ford Truck Articles