Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Noticed about Instrument clusters

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the info Buck, and yes I was getting a little confused...I got alot of lights to replace too...you stated some that I had forgotten had gone out long ago.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Cool thanks Buck I hope my HVAC light is still there with the wires. PO was real bad a wirin stuff up so I hope he didnt tap into any of the wires for the lights.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the pics Buck...pics always make my work easier.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
GRRR!!! I wish the LEDs were around 6-7 years ago! I replaced my gauge cluster bezel/plastic lens, etc. and of course while I had it apart I replaced the light bulbs. I put in halogen replacements for the turn signal indicators, but factory equipment lights in the rest of the dash, added the glove box light, ashtray light, courtesy lights, etc. I did so much rewiring and work on my dash to restore/upgrade it that now I don't want to tear it apart again just replace the light bulbs..... but they look so cool!!! stop teasing me! 'smiliedoh'
Dak

grnlzrd

Professional Lurker
Ohio
I'm in the middle of this LED swap too. Just pulled my cluster yesterday. I have a couple questions though.
1) What's the correct, or best way to unclip the speedo cable? I fought that thing for about 30 min. before it just popped off almost by itself.
2) Regarding the gear indicator light, does it matter what gear the lever is in? I saw Dennis's pic with the needle nose under the collar, so I felt around up there and didn't feel anything but grease. It wasn't until after I got home (truck is in storage) that I remembered it was in first gear, to ease removing the cluster.

Beat me to it Buck .

I seem to have lost interest in all this stuff lately..Must be the depression :(

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I seem to have lost interest in all this stuff lately..Must be the depression :(

Uh-Oh...that's not good for the rest of us. Sounds like you need a run through the red light district or bar of your choice...have a couple good nights. Do a little tinkering on your rig...always makes me feel better.

Ford Truck Articles