Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Noobie from Michigan :)

Michigan
Hey everyone.. My name is Mike. Im from up here in Yale MI (against my will). I am 22 years old and still trying to get as many Mechanic Certs as possible. I currently work at a Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership. Kind've a jack of all trades there. One day im a used car mechanic (when the main used car mechanic gets swamped), lot porter, Pre delivery inspector, and they paid me to get my CDL class B so i can drive tow truck :hammer:

I have owned waaaay to many vehicles for my young age. I get bored of em i guess.. My dad hopes i dont do that to women but after the 4th girlfriend in the past 6 months, im affraid it just may be the same way jk jk.. My newest truck is a 99.5 F250 Extended cab long box lariat, 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke. I already have to much money into it and its been in pieces all over the yard for a couple of months now (glad im making payments on it and not driving it).. I treat it like a show/race mustang. I try to race everyone and i only drive it on nice days lol.. My normal work car is named "Bomber" it is a 1990 chrysler labarron. Custom ripped off exhaust system due to a tree stump i thought i could clear.. And a grain truck decided to dent my whole drivers side..

For those who know or knew of me years ago lol sorry i havent posted or checked in. Im not sure if i've ever posted anything about what has happened to me in the past couple of years but here it goes..

In May of 2010 I lost my 19 year old sister to a disease called Lupus. And that kinda tore me up and put me off the map. Quit my job, took up drinking (didnt help i turned 21 two months before her passing), pretty much went insane after that..

4 days before my sister passed i found our neighbor dead in his bed.. and 1 week after my sister passed my great grandpa passed away. Yes its true, they come in 3's.

So i spent most the summer and fall trying to get myself back together before actually needing medical help and all that good stuff.. And i did. Going to the lake and fishing every day really helped me out.. So i got back in the saddle and sobered up. Got myself a new job that paid really well and i loved it.

Sold the probe GT and financed a 2003 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with a hemi. Did a few things to that and got harassed by my whole family and decided since im making the money i want to get back into a diesel.. So i sold the ram and made a really good profit on it and bought the truck i have now..

Theen work slowed down and i got laid off.. Unemployment wasnt something i wanted to do and they didnt pay enough to survive so i got another job within 2 weeks. Been at the ford dealer ever since.

Well thats my country song. Glad to see alot of old names on here still posting and wutnot. I'll be around more often.

Oh and the past 3 weeks ive been off work and in bed. I jumped out of the back of my truck and landed wrong. Broke my ankle in 2 places. So ive been home recovering from surgery. 13 screws and a new shinny plate... ugh. Crutches and i dont get along either. Tomorrow morning i get the cast off and i get to see my new scars on both sides of my ankle :) I had my turbo off to delete my EBPV valve and put new turbo pedistal o rings on it when this happened.. 4 days after surgery i was out in the barn putting it back together :) Mom and Dad were not impressed but i had it running within an hour lol

Figured i posted this before i get a ton of PM's or threads start getting hijacked.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
hahaha i'd already sent a pm and started to hijack a thread!!!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

glad to hear ya got your stuff straightened out..

and you've missed alot! but welcome back!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to have you back Mike.

Michigan
lol thanks guys.

Geez ben 28K post! 'postwhore' 'postwhore' 'postwhore'

:)

Michigan
HAHA id say so! :wasntme: jk

So what did i miss while i was on vacation? Anything sweet happen on here?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I traded my original flareside for a piece of **** firebird, the traded that for a frankenstein 87 f250 with a 71 351 cleveland in it. Then bought this current flareside...

Also me and ann got married. So yeah

Other people can tell ya everything else

Michigan
Oh well congrats to you both! Im trying to remember your old flairside..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm driving an EcoBoost and hopefully giving Bertha to Brad soon. That's the big news around these parts, as of late ;)

Michigan
haha very nice. Lets see a pick of the ecoboostI seeit in your sig and by the looks of the grille and headlights i like it already!

Michigan
Beautiful truck skan! That is 100 percent the same truck i would get. No chrome, all black and i love those wheels! Congrats!

Michigan
Yea i remember the flairside now! Do you like your new one any better?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I traded my original flareside for a piece of **** firebird, the traded that for a frankenstein 87 f250 with a 71 351 cleveland in it. Then bought this current flareside...

Also me and ann got married. So yeah

Other people can tell ya everything else

You forgot to mention that you bought a Corsica too :rofl2: and you forgot to mention we repeatedly warned you against all of these things, except for the marrying Ann part. But given your numerous facebook posts about your wrist hurting a lot you might want to remind her why you got married. :wasntme:

smilietease smilietease smilietease

Welcome back Mike!

Michigan
Bahahahahahahaha smiliewhathesaid

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yeah... ann's went through a few vehicles also..

first the Pristine! 88 F150 351W. sold it for gas mileage. bought a 91 corsica like 65k miles.. turned out to be a total POS.. then bought an 98 explorer. was ROCK SOLID.. lasted a year till i totalled it.. then now she's got a 09 Kia Optima...

Ford Truck Articles