Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Wonder...(You must see this to believe this...)

Your truck ain't so cool if they are charging you all that money. Get a cover of some kind to put on the rear and take the hitch off.

My dads 1963 Thunderbird project has a hitch. :p:

Cars with hitches are cool. :)

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Yeah its bad...

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Yeah or register it in another state...smiliebeenripped

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
i pay $70.00 each a year for my cars in alberta i also checked into "collector auto plates" that are available for any thing 30 years or older but too many restrictions as they are to be used for travel to parades auto shows only and cant be used for daily driver shopping ect and the ingorent cops here will grab you if they can so i just pay the price even though i would be lucky to put on 3000 miles a year on all my 3 old ones combined!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy Chit...registration fee for Red is only $25, the Bronco is $35 (2 years newer), and Thunder is $52...and since inspection and registration have been integrated, it's another $13 per vehicle. So I have 3 rides ready to roll for $151. Damn I love the south.

Yeah, there are lots of laws and taxes that suck in California. The money has to come from somewhere to pay for all the free rides that the people in power like to hand out. The not-op fees are ridiculous. I think part of it is they don't want the older cars on the road. Here is a tip, if you can wait it out on an older vehicle that hasn't been registered in several years the information gets purged out of the system after 7 years. The vehicle will have to have the VIN verified by a law enforcement officer before it can be registered again, but worth the wait on a project vehicle.

I have antique plates <<<< never have to pay again as long as I live you guys need to be in Mississippi!!!!!!!!

We got the same deal here in wisconsin but its called collector plates pay once never pay again. Its either that or the plates im putting on the 79 hobbiest plates pay once and you can run as loud of exaust as you want. Otherwise regular plate registeration for me is 84 dollars. No vehicle inspections required either.

Last edited:
Michigan too....My dad has a 1969 plate on his cougar, never has to renew it ever again, no milage limit, nothing.....he puts 5 miles on it a year....2.5 miles to the ice cream shop on his b-day, 2.5 miles home, covers it up for another year....freekin old people

Wow...in Commie NY we get inspected for $35. Car, truck, van... Midas has a $.99 inspection if they do your muffler.

Here registering a truck Commercial..is a lower Registration and insurance rate

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I pay $86 I believe on my 1 ton . It goes by weight class. The year does not matter or condition . They think if it can haul it will.

PA has classic (No super restrictive ) and antique stock only stocl appearance.

One time fees no inspections .

I pay $400 ish a year on all my rides plus sticker for inspections ($20 ish each). Plus insurance . My 1 ton put 210 miles on last year.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
You guys elected the politicians that did this to you. Throw them out or quit complaining. That's the way it works in the great ol' USofA. :rolleyes:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts