Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Wonder...(You must see this to believe this...)

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Look how much the registration cost on my truck...
As if the registration isn't a huge rip on my dads Delivery Truck...I can't believe how much it is,its a 33 year old beat up pile of rust.
dmv001.jpg

dmv.jpg

Now I have to go get a job...
I mean what's with all the weight fees?
smiliebeenripped smiliebeenripped
A Weight Fee Penalty?:rotz:
This is all California's fault...

Last edited:
man and i thought our goverment in canada/alberta had fees but i gotta say it sounds like someone in the big house had WAY to much time on their hands to think of all those charges almost looks like my power bill

FTF'er
Do you have to pay that much every year?

Looks like it is classed as a commercial vehicle.

That would explain all the penalties and fees.

You want warm air and shaky ground ?then you're gonna pay for it

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Jeez...and I grouched about paying about $400 per year for the 750 and thats licenced for 33000#....I'll consider myself lucky I don't live there!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Looks like it is classed as a commercial vehicle.

That would explain all the penalties and fees.

You want warm air and shaky ground ?then you're gonna pay for it

My truck is a commercial vehicle, actually all pickups in CA are classed as commercial vehicles because if not, you arent allowed to put things in the bed, true story.

Regular CA license plates: (# = Number / X = Letter)
#XXX###

Commercial Plate

#X#####

Living in CA sucks... :p

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Yeah ALL Pickups out here are considered commercial...
If it has 1 letter in the license plate number then its commercial.
Thats why he don't get driven...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
All-- rest assured that that is not a REGULAR amount to pay for registration here in California. Not sure why he has all of those extra fees but mine was nowhere near that much. I think around $100.

He should make the truck work it off :)

Perhaps remove the bed,install a ramp and haul classic trucks and cars to car shows ;)

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
All-- rest assured that that is not a REGULAR amount to pay for registration here in California. Not sure why he has all of those extra fees but mine was nowhere near that much. I think around $100.

Yeah I think mine should be no more than $100.00 as well,its 19 Years older than your truck...
I think they are just jealous of my cool truck :D
someone told me to put a camper shell on the back and then I could register it as a passenger vehicle...

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
The registration is that high because of Penalties because the truck was not put on NON-OP when the registration had expired. The longer you let the penalties fester, the more they will go up. Next year they will be around $1000... Two years gets expensive... I have one truck that I bought that had over 1K over in penalties, they went for about 4 years.

Food for thought, if you put a Tonneau cover, or a camper shell on your pickup, you can apply for non commercial plates, your registration will be about $70 a year. Don't get caught without those on your truck if you change your registration.

Doesn't your state offer some other kind of registration for old or collectable vehicles ? I have a collectable plate on mine. I had to jump through a lot of hoops but in the end I got one. It only cost me $75 and it was a one time fee, I never have to renew it again.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yeah I think mine should be no more than $100.00 as well,its 19 Years older than your truck...
I think they are just jealous of my cool truck :D
someone told me to put a camper shell on the back and then I could register it as a passenger vehicle...

Your truck ain't so cool if they are charging you all that money. Get a cover of some kind to put on the rear and take the hitch off.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts