Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No more hi-jacking...what mufflers should I get?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Nope, just paid for 'em online. Should show up this week.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Don't know yet, I doubt they're even on the ups truck yet.

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I'm not worried, but tell me a place that'll let you "test drive" a muffler?!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I 'tubed them, sounded good on a couple of cars. And the stainless construction is nice.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

blabla, had to make this post long enough.

Resonators are a simple sound deader. There is a very loud "pop" when the exhaust valve opens in the engine, and this "deadens" this before the muffler. The muffler on the other hand muffles the sound thru pasages in a box (dont know how to explain it in other words) reducing it even more than the resonator..

The point is resonators are louder.. :D

I forgot to mention, you can see under some new cars resonators before mufflers due to regulation on some states...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The idea of a resonator actually sounds pretty appealing... Right now mine is straight piped after the cats and I love the volume and tone, but it's got a bit too much cackle. A muffler wouldn't give the sound that I want so perhaps a resonator is the key....?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think you made a good choice Lee...I really don't think you can go wrong with Magnaflow...don't know too much about the muffler you chose, but it looks like a style I wouldn't mind...haha.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
They'll get here Tuesday, I'll post some pics. Not sure on an install date yet.....

A little off topic but, anyone watch Bullrun tonight? There's a Pantera on there, a really badass one at that!!! I can mention this in the 335 forum because they (Pantera's) came with 351c's in 'em :flag: . Italian styling and FoMoCo power, what's not to love?!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts