Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New guy!

Hey everyone! I made it over here from rangerresource.net
As some of you know I have a 87 Ranger long bed with a 5 spd and a 2.3L. It is soon to have a 4.0L though. I also have a 85 F-150 2wd LWB with a good 302 and a toast AOD.

Hope I can help some around here!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Good to have ya stick around!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
WELCOME ABOARD.............Please have your medications ready, because this place is a mind altering experience ;)

Gunner

Hey buddy! Long time no see. Glad to have you aboard.

You still stuck in AR?

VERY much against my will. I did move to a bogger trailer about 2 miles from where I was at. Been in the process of remodeling it now.

Good to see some familar names around here though!

In referance to the pics......here ya go guys!

Heres the 87 Ranger. It won't rev past 3K RPMs. It has new fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, EGR valve. You get the idea. Its getting a 4.0
IMG_1635.jpg

The problem child....
IMG_1637.jpg

The F-150...
IMG_1639.jpg

F-150 engine
IMG_1640.jpg

My DD.....get wonderful mileage, and is fairly comfortable
IMG_1642.jpg

The wife's ride, and my hobby/addiction tow vehicle....
IMG_1643.jpg

The hobby/addiction....that and SCUBA
IMG_1638.jpg

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Why not just put the F150 engine in the ranger? smiliegitrdone

What 4.0L are you using? Trans? Those rangers are nice and light.. should be quick. :)

Thanks on the engines! The F-150 has about 22K on the engine, less than 2K since I installed it. The Ranger has about 15K on the engine.

I thought about putting the 302 in the Ranger with a NP435 behind it, but I looked at the numbers from the 84 (yes, the engine is older) 302, and the 96 Explorer 4.0L, and the 4.0 puts out slightly more power with less weight and maintianing the EFI (I've done the EFI swap before). I plan on using the stock 5 spd. Not sure, but I may need a new bell housing.

Installing the 4.0L will require less custom parts, and less associated costs than the 5.0L

For the time being, the 7.5 will continue to reside in the Ranger, until i toast it, then an X 8.8 will go in place. I plan on using the Ranger to tow the boat/emabarass rice runners. I want to keep the Ranger looking just like it is.....sleeper :D

Ford Truck Articles