Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Flareside..

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
E4OD is not AOD. E4OD is much better, and I'd take it over a c6 any day. Who the heck wants to be limited to 3 gears?

Ryan

I would much rather work on a 3 speed mechanical transmission than work on an electronically controlled valve bodied transmission, just to gain overdrive. The money it takes to fiddle with an electronically controlled transmission isn't worth the gas savings in overdrive. Besides, it has a 302. There really is absolutely no need for OD in that truck, because even looking at the accelerator pedal uses gasoline.

But, to each their own. :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would much rather work on a 3 speed mechanical transmission than work on an electronically controlled valve bodied transmission, just to gain overdrive. The money it takes to fiddle with an electronically controlled transmission isn't worth the gas savings in overdrive. Besides, it has a 302. There really is absolutely no need for OD in that truck, because even looking at the accelerator pedal uses gasoline.

But, to each their own. :D

This isn't a serious post, right? ;)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
This isn't a serious post, right? ;)

"The contents of previous posts may stem from a deep hatred of the 5R55E Ranger Transmission and it's associated electronic failures that hinder the performance of my vehicle on the road, and may not necessarily represent factual information as to the reliability of the E4OD transmission. "

That being said, did you guys know I absolutely HATE electronically controlled transmissions?

:headbang:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Nice clean looking truck Chris. Drop it an inch or two, tint the windows and throw some euro lights on it.....I dare you not to get a chubby.

People, the aode is not in the same category as the c6, and or e4od.......it is It's own animal.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice clean looking truck Chris. Drop it an inch or two, tint the windows and throw some euro lights on it.

Or he could leave it alone and drive it. Why ruin a decent truck? Euro lights should stay in Europe :wasntme:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It's a sharp looking truck. How are the tires?

Does it have any kind of limited slip in the diff?

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Tires are OK... but they are highways on front and m/T's on rear.

Did that on my old Dodge 2wd. Got stuck once in like 5 years in snow.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok guys.. i have to be 100% honest..

it needs a Transmission.. and i knew that getting it.

it had lost 3rd and overdrive.

getting a new trans built next week. should run 1500 after everything...

so im in this truck 2500.....

to me is pretty decent..

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Very nice! Great looking addition

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
ok guys.. i have to be 100% honest..

it needs a Transmission.. and i knew that getting it.

it had lost 3rd and overdrive.

getting a new trans built next week. should run 1500 after everything...

so im in this truck 2500.....

to me is pretty decent..

I knew it! The whole going from it needs a VSS to a TPS seemed a bit odd to me. But the truck looks decent at least. But it already is a project lol.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
smiliepopcorn

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
smilieeatndrink SSDT Where is Ann in all this? My wife woulda left me by now if it was me doing all this stupid crap.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts