Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Flareside..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok guys.. gonna be going to look at getting another Flareside hopefully today..

gonna be probably getting it to daily drive and retire "ole blue" to Toy Duty..

1992 Flareside. Reg Cab. 302 E4OD. 3.55 gear. 2wd. 159k miles.

wont shift past 2nd gear. code says VSS... so im gonna get a new one and take it and swap it on and if it shifts fine i'll pick it up.

1200 bucks.. but he'll take 1000....

newflare1.jpg

newflare2.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:rolleyes:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
E4OD is not AOD. E4OD is much better, and I'd take it over a c6 any day. Who the heck wants to be limited to 3 gears?

The 302 is probably no more stout than any other 302 that rolled off the line. Good motor but nothing spectacular for the truck.

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
this things body is PERFECT. 302 is VERY STOUT..

You describe everything you decide to purchase in a similar fashion. So far this has yet to be seen with any of your purchases. If you are serious about buying a used vehicle I highly suggest you bring a mechanic or take the truck to a reputable mechanic to be looked over. not trying to make fun of you or anything. I'm sure you can make some repairs and finish them, but given the fact that you seem to bail out on stuff when it gets a little tough I seriously think you should bring a more knowledgable person to look at the truck so you don't just end up with another money pit. Granted every used vehicle requires money to keep it going, but in your case you should put a little extra money into something you don't have to spend a lot of time on versus something that could be another driveway ornament.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
You describe everything you decide to purchase in a similar fashion. So far this has yet to be se
en with any of your purchases. If you are serious about buying a used vehicle I highly suggest you bring a mechanic or take the truck to a reputable mechanic to be looked over. not trying to make fun of you or anything. I'm sure you can make some repairs and finish them, but given the fact that you seem to bail out on stuff when it gets a little tough I seriously think you should bring a more knowledgable person to look at the truck so you don't just end up with another money pit. Granted every used vehicle requires money to keep it going, but in your case you should put a little extra money into something you don't have to spend a lot of time on versus something that could be another driveway ornament.

I know what I'm doin
The f250 is gonna stay and. Gonna be a toy I'm not bailing on it. Just getting a Better dd'er

On this 302 when I say stout I mean healthy no leaks noises etc. Strong and sounds healthy.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
So you bought it?

Congrats, I guess. Sharp lookin rig if nothing else. I have a soft spot for Flaresides... First brand new truck I ever was in was a '95 flareside... I n performance red no less...

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
So you bought it?

Congrats, I guess. Sharp lookin rig if nothing else. I have a soft spot for Flaresides... First brand new truck I ever was in was a '95 flareside... I n performance red no less...

yeah its real nice needs cleaned up real bad. but its cold and raining so tomorrow at earliest it'll get cleaned up..

primetime

sawmill slave
I`d buy that for a grand. And then I`d do mass air, a couple of turbos off a jy T-birds, an e-bay charge air cooler, some 295/50s, and drive the crap out of it.

But I digress. Nice looking truck for the money.smilieFordlogo

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What does the giant ball of red wire do? People's idea of running wires make me laugh. Hope the person doesn't wire houses.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Hope the truck works out for you. At least we get to see the driverside of this one too.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts