Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New chapter to my driveline vibrations

I would love to do a body-off, I just don't have the space. :(

My truck will be a body off...not exactly restoration though.

It will be done in my dads yard up till the final primer anyway. No choice. :(

Hope to find a booth to shoot the base/clear in. :)

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Mine will be more of a resto-mod. I want to blast then powdercoat my frame, all new body bushings, new aftermarket sway bars, new hardware from front to rear.. basically a new truck mechanically. Should be very costly, but worth it. :D

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
mine has gone through a resto-mod kinda. the mechanical side is about half to three quarters done. the major things i still need to do are the front and rear gears and swap the tranny..

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i have 3.55's but they have 250,000 miles on them and i can feel the "slop" in them. if i can find a ZF in decent shape im going to be doing that swap.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Lucky you, I have 3.08s. But then again It's kinda good 'cuz when I switch to 4.10s it's gonna be quite the kick in the pants. :D

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah i have been thinkgin about doing that too eco. problem is, the crushed a lot of the trucks that had those trannys in them. i am going to be going to a few other junkyards next week up north so hopefully i can find one

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Hey Skan thanks for fixing MY truck Up. Course I hate to see the BIll.

I'll try to get some pics of my 93 up . I redid it basic take apart and redo. Lowrider style.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
there no need to do a body off on a 12 year old truck IMO, but apparently you got the money to do it.

If i had my way. Id make mine 4wd, with a np435 dana 60s, 347 stroker ( had one before, they make great power.) 35s atleast, grant racing wheel, and more stuff.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Are you talking about Chris? Doing a body off is more labour/tools/space/time than anything else. The main reason I want to do one is because it's so much easier to clean everything up when you're not on your back.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yep i was talking about chris.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
there no need to do a body off on a 12 year old truck IMO, but apparently you got the money to do it.

If i had my way. Id make mine 4wd, with a np435 dana 60s, 347 stroker ( had one before, they make great power.) 35s atleast, grant racing wheel, and more stuff.

Well the bed off anyway is good . In rust areas the only way to get to all nooks is toremove stuff. Cheapest anyway. And some time other than new mounts the quickest .

You should see the 93 truck I was talking about everything was out at one time during rebuild. It just needed it.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Where did he say he was doing a body-off? lol.

he didnt i did. He said something about cleaning up the frame and all the under body parts and painting them gloss black and i said i see a body of restro coming.
Otherewise you will only be cleaning/paint 3/4s of the part. Not the top side that mounted up against the body.

Dont half ass something now.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Nah there's no reason to do a body off. I'm just gonna dissolve all the rust and paint the exposed parts with chassis black... In a place where rust isn't a serious threat, theres really no reason to take the body off and get EVERY nook and cranny.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Travis, just for you, when I paint my undercarraige I'll try to paint ONE SMALL PART in grabber green. Something nobody will be able to see, HAHAHAH

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts