Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New build

Did a little investigative surgury. The bed on the drivers side in front of the wheel well (below the bump) had some cracked bondo. After gouging into it, I could tell it was 1/4 to 3/8 in thick, which had me worried about what it was covering up. So took a wire wheel on a grinder and ground it all off. Somone had replaced the panel from the bump down, center of the wheel well forward to the front of the bed. They did a pretty good job, but must have just kept putting bondo on it and covered the whole panel. Near as I can tell, it just needs a little bondo to cover up the welds, the panel looks straight and aligned good. Big relief to know I don't have to cut it all out and do it over!

Sanding sanding sanding. I'm so sick of it I'm gonna back off for a little while and work on installing some seats and some kind of console, see what I can dream up. Been driving the hell out of it though, it sure is a blast to drive. The fuel injection makes it start and run so smooth, what a joy!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yeah...take a break for a while so you don't get burned out. That's the #1 cause for project incompletion.

So I ran into my first problems with the holley FI. While driving it the other day, the throttle quit working, wouldn't do anything unless it was full throttle. I played with it for awhile, couldn't get anything to work. After reading the manual, it's pretty easy to check the throttle posistion sensor, which turned out to be the problem. I don't know if I mentioned, but I've got another system just like this one I bought a few years back, so I just swapped out the sensor and it runs like a champ! For what it's worth, Holley has a pretty good site, with a forum you can ask questions on. I got a few responses, everyone seemed like they wanted to help. A new sensor is about $40, not to spendy. I may want to buy one and throw it in the tool box since I don't know how long this one I put on has been setting. Pretty sure it hasn't been used since the early 90's.

Got a set of slots mounted on it today! I did some swapping for them awhile back, finally got them mounted and balanced, damn they look good! No pics today, but I should get home with enough light tommorrow to get some.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like the rig is definitely coming along, I look forward to the pics as well.

Sorry fellas, another late night at work. Saterday I'm going Elk hunting, hopefully I get home early enough to snap a few before it gets dark. I'm gonna try to get off early, but I've got a pretty nasty day planned at work (plugged sewer service to dig up and repair, yuck!).

Still have no pics posted. My laptop crashed hard, totally ruined. Won't even starts up. I'm stuck with posting from the desktop computer, no way to post pics from this thing (and it's been down for awhile, just got it up and going yesterday!).

So the weather finally got decent enough to do some work to it, need to get the pics of the slots up. Been working on the dash, trying to restore the inst. panel, make it look good. Gotta try and buff the lens that covers the guages, can't hardly see through it. I've painted the panel semi-gloss black, I think it will look good with all the red I'm doing. Still lots of sanding...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Ask her how many different cloths and accessories she needs, then equate your parts to one of her vices. If she still complains about the parts, tell her you'll get rid of them when she gets rid of her clothes...chances are, you'd prefer seeing her nekkid anyway.

Good advice Ben... My biggest problem is that I have to many of them. I just leveled my '06 last fall, which meant bigger tires (at least I did it when it needed tires). The shortbed is coming along nicely, but always needing money spent (exhaust, paint supplies, tires, etc...). I've been eyeing my 76 highboy, all it needs is freeze plugs and tires. Problem is I can't even get her to put liability insurance on all of them, let alone buy parts for them! But it does give me good argument for keeping all my junk around, lol!

Keep reading how guys have trouble like that, MB. :/

I didn't have that trouble since everything I spent
money on was for the family one way or another.

The dune buggies, guns, "quads", dirt bikes and
other vehicles etc! All involved the wife and/or
kids so there was never a question.

Not here to judge you, hell I can't run my own life
worth a dang! LOL :) But maybe this sort of thinking
might make your family life a little easier? {shrug}

From the very start that's what having a family
meant to me was that we shared -everything-.
Wasn't that way with my "mamma's boy" of a dad.

It was ---->ALL<--- about -->HIM<--. LOL :)

Don't want your kids posting that on the internet
about you, do ya? ;)

""well... good riddance :)" -my brother on the way
home from our "dad's" memorial service

It's about degrees, it's not about being -as selfish-
as my dad was. Just part way is way too much in
my sorry-assed opinion.

Then there's my GF's friends that spent tit-for-tat.
And are plumb broke! Lost heir house even. :(

YMMV?

Butthead in AZ

Good advice, I just gotta get her into it. She likes my old cars, just thinks bills are more important, go figure. It's not as bad as I make it sound, I just like to *****!

Anyway, here's a pic of the dash:

myFordHoard006-1.jpg

and a pic of the slots:

myFordHoard003.jpg

While I'm at it, I just got my 76 Highboy up and running, been sitting to long. Couldn't resist snapping a pic of it now that my camera is working again!
( I finally learned how to post pics from Photobucket)
myFordHoard002.jpg

I've been sanding and working on the interior, trying to get the inside painted (just rattlecanned), then I'll get after sanding the outside. I've got to replace the windshield, so I'll pull it out and pull the bed off for the final push before painting it (way easier to do the door post by the windshield w/ the glass out). I'll pull the grill and all the trim to paint, then start replacing door felt and window channels and so forth as time and money allow. It's coming along pretty nicely, I'm getting pretty excited!

Nice trucks, love shortbox trucks, guess thats why I like the 77 Bronco I had and now my 79. Used to be a Gm man but can't beat the Ford body lines at least up to 79 is my favorites.smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts