Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need blow out diagram of E4OD

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Heres some TCC codes and possible problems.

629b P0743b Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit failure. Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit fails to provide voltage drop across solenoid. Circuit open or shorted or powertrain control module driver failure during KOEO. Short circuit — Engine stalls in Drive or manual 2 at idle with brake applied.
Open circuit — Torque converter clutch never engaged. Refer to Pinpoint Test C.

P1742 TCC TCC solenoid failed ON (California only). TCC solenoid has failed ON by electric, mechanical or hydraulic concern. Harsh shifts. Refer to Pinpoint Test C.
P1743 TCC TCC solenoid failed ON. The PCM picked up an excessive amount of slippage during normal vehicle operation. Harsh shifts. Refer to Pinpoint Test C.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My buddy got an OBD II reader for like 60 at autozone I believe.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol yea i know. I just do it at work with the Matco reader.

OK time for an opinion poll

:jumping:

I NEED to haul a horse trailer to OKC (about 3 hours from here) and I want to know if I should be a nervous wreck the whole time worrying that she'll break down on me.

The light still has yet to come back on, hauled the trailer this past weekend about 40 miles one way, no problems, shifted great, couldn't even tell I had the trailer on there. My trailer is an old 2 horse trailer (all steel) that has a tongue weight of about 800 lbs and the total trailer + horse equals about 2000 lbs (but then I'm a horrible guess).

Do you guys think that I should make the trip? My only other choice to haul with is a Dodge with a 6inch lift and 22 inch tires sooooooo.... (anyway hate dodge's) there's no way it can do it. Do y'all think that my tranny will give me any trouble? Since it hasn't doen it again I'm really beginning to think it was a fluke and one of those things that will haunt me until i die LOL.

Anyway, let's hear those opinions....
Pretty Please

andym

Real men are fanatics
We really have no idea. Without a solid idea of exactly what's wrong with the transmission (we only have a few intermittent symptoms, not a diagnosis) it's impossible to venture anything more than a wild guess to your question.

It might hold up, it might not. I wouldn't leave without a solid backup plan in place though.

The intermittent nature would lead me to believe that you might have an electrical problem like a loose wire or a bad ground. If you can get the connector off the passenger side of the tranny, I would do that and inspect the connector for corrosion, exposed copper in the harness, etc. Also follow the harness from the tranny back to the computer and look for trouble spots in the wiring.

Other than that, bring a cell phone if it dies. I know hauling horses with a less than dependable truck is not what you want to do.

An older truck is going to have more problems than just tranny problems too. Last week, I replaced the alternator in the Bronco and the starter just crapped out in my pickup last night.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
If the code you got last time was for the TCC, you could try driving the truck with the O/D cancled out, if the converter clutch is the problem this will keep it from locking up and prevent the code and puting the trans into limp mode, you may burn alittle more fuel though.

My thoughts exactly.... But since i really don't know what the problem was (because i didn't get any codes) I guess it's a luck shot either I make it or I don't

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts