Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My surgery details...

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Thanks everyone. The surgeries went REALLY well. I was delayed until late yesterday afternoon (babies can't wait ya know hehe) but otherwise there were no problems or complications of any kind. I came to pretty good and recovered fast so I got to come home EARLY!! :)

His hopes as well as mine were to keep my ovaries so I wouldn't go into menopause so young. Well, we got our wish!!! :) He did have to take the fallopian tubes though, but meh, don't need those. Hah!

They found quite a bit of fibrosis which is non cancerous tumors and that explains a LOT!

The bladder surgery went off without a hitch as well and it took VERY well, even better than they expected.

I can't drive for two weeks and because of the physical labor involved with my job I can't work for six weeks. Get ready to see my mug around here a lot. :D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Glad to hear your surgery went well, Karen!

if you don't mind me asking, what was wrong w/ you? My mom had all her stuff ripped out when she was 24- she had Endomitriosis (sp?) I hope you didn't have that! It's not fun to deal with. She went through menopause right after she had it all taken out (of course) and she's 47 now. She's been on hormone therapy since then. I'm glad you probably won't have to go through all that and I'm glad it all turned out well :)

Fellro

Staff member
Good to hear all went well, maybe you will be more comfortable afterwards... Been through that with others.

awesome news...heal fast

He did have to take the fallopian tubes though, but meh, don't need those. Hah!
:D

Ya no kidding I hate it when that happens.

Glad the plumber did a bang up job .......so to speak ! ;)

Now you go through ...Rehab..,,,,,I say ya ya ya.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
You got the best medicine u can get . I prescribe 10 -20 dose's of FTF daily . And Keep us posted .

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Other than some nausea and pain from the inside incisions and stitches I am doing pretty darn good actually!! :) I have three incisions on the outside and they don't hurt a lick. They itch, but I assume it's because they are healing great. I have my 2 week check up on the 15th. I'll go back to work some time in the middle of June. I really did get VERY lucky as I had several issues causing my misery and I did so well and came home early. :)

Thanks guys!

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
if you don't mind me asking, what was wrong w/ you? My mom had all her stuff ripped out when she was 24- she had Endomitriosis (sp?) I hope you didn't have that! It's not fun to deal with. She went through menopause right after she had it all taken out (of course) and she's 47 now. She's been on hormone therapy since then. I'm glad you probably won't have to go through all that and I'm glad it all turned out well :)
I don't know what was meant by this but the doc said my fallopian tubes were angry, I had a bunch of tumors (all benign) in/on the uterus and my cervix was a mess. My bladder fell so it had to be repaired, tied up and a sling put under it to support it.

I also had cysts on my ovaries, so they drained the fluid from them, but I was able to keep them and save an early menopause. :) They removed the rest of my 'plumbing'.

My Papa Jan's bladder fell (granted she's like old) so they fixed it. It was really hard for her- she couldn't laugh or sneeze. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and are cancer free!!!!!!

YAY FOR NO CANCER AND NO EARLY MENOPAUSE!!! :D

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
My Papa Jan's bladder fell (granted she's like old) so they fixed it. It was really hard for her- she couldn't laugh or sneeze. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and are cancer free!!!!!!

YAY FOR NO CANCER AND NO EARLY MENOPAUSE!!! :D
Thanks. :) I hope your grandmother feels as good as I do. I thought it was normal from coughing hard and such. I had NO idea I had a medical issue with my bladder, and I can remember having these problems clear back to 1996!!

ANN Found

Mrs. Lost
Hey Sweetie! So glad everything is alright with you. Hope your recovery is fast, and so glad you don't have to go through menopause. I am scared to go through that myself in 20 years or so. :eek:

Take care and enjoy your time off. And the meds. smiliegitrdone

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Been sick and just got back today . How u feeling?

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
I am OK as long as I take my pain meds. I have three outer incisions that never bother me but the two (or more) inner incisions hurt like a mother when the meds wear off. My thighs also hurt when it wears off. I don't know if that is a side effect of the epidural that I had or what. It feels like someone beat the tar out of them though. I am otherwise OK. I just hate being laid up, and I have five more weeks of this.

Dealing with FMLA/STD is a nightmare too, it's not their fault, but still a huge pain in my tush.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I've been on FMLA before. It is a pita, but at least it save your job.

Ford Truck Articles