Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My progress page

Hey Gents. A little curious....The man I bought this truck from did away with the oil bath type breather that the truck came with. I would like to know if I should seek to put the oil bath back on it? (he or I do not have it) I would have to check the salvage yards to do it. I don't know much about them other than they are messy. Should I change it back for the sake of originality? Or just leave well enough alone? Or maybe look into a nice chrome custom job? Thanks again

This is what I got now
DSC00125.jpg

My '68 didn't come new with an oil bath air cleaner and I didn't think '67's did either. My air cleaner assembly was made of steel, painted the same 'Ford blue' color as the valve covers. They didn't start using aluminum like you have until much later years....

Brutus has his face back on!

Hey Gents! I got his face back on! He is real happy about that! Guys, I did the absolute best and will continue to do the best I can do, with what I have to do with. I don't know about you guys? But at 16,,, dollars come real hard for me. Then, even at best I have to compromise on the superior materials that I KNOW I should be using, and what I CAN afford. Most or all of you know where I am coming from. I don't have a daddy with deep pockets. I'm sure you guys didn't either.

I go to school with some kids who do! I go to school with a kid that drives a 2011 Superduty. I know where it came from. His Daddy works at the Boise State Capital. Not sure what he does. Except make a lot of money shoving papers around. The kid treats the truck like crap! He already has the tires burned off of it. He burns cookies in the parking lot showing off. He makes me sick. I really don't think it's a jealously thing. I think it's more of the lack of appreciation for what he has.

Anyway, when I'm behind the wheel of Brutus? I KNOW for a fact this kid is not near as happy as I am. I just know it. You know what I'm sayn' Yea, you guys knowsmilieFordlogo

BEFORE WORK
5Lb5If5E93I33Md3Jec527b81d67f7b931b80.jpg

AFTER WORK
DSC00167.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

WHAT THINK GENTS?

Thanks Smokey, Ridgerunner. Very encouraging. I will read your thread tonight Ridge. Sorry about your disability. That has to be a serious strain on truck money. And you have a family to support. Makes my problems seem a bit weak, ya know? Here is a little about us anyway...

Mom has a small cleaning business. Her sister and herself have a couple recreational centers and several private residents they take care of. That's how we butter our bread. I do a lot of stuff around here that most guys my age would turn their noses up at. Dishes, cleaning toilets. Just generally doing my part to help Mom. Dad lives in England. I don't quite understand the legalities of it. But he gets out of paying child support by being there. He apparently has other children around the States. I have several 1/2 Sisters and Brothers I never met. He ever comes back to the states the law will hang his *** sideways! We have it rough sometimes, but we are happy and have plenty to eat. Roof to keep the rain off. You know, the stuff that really matters. Granddad helps quite a bit. Mom don't bother him unless we are really in a low down. BTW, My Granddad is my Dads Dad. He knows his son (my Dad) treated Mom and me like crap. He knows he did us wrong.

My Granddad took over when Dad left. He taught me about motors, guns, boats, fishing, hunting, manners, respect. Such as that. I have no idea what we would have done or will do without him. I already have letters of recommendations from my Granddad that pack a lot of weight when I am old enough to be hired by a company, the Military or College. So, we going to be alright. I'm not to worried about the future.

Alright! Thanks again Guys.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
btw i think you should change the name of your thread, take out the pitiful part!!!!

I agree. The mods can help with that. BTW look on Craigslist some times you can get free parts or parts very cheaply. That is how I got a lot for my truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice job, it looks great smilieFordlogo

primetime

sawmill slave
Looks great. Do what you can with what you got and be proud of the results.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks awesome! I bet if you strip the paint off of the mirrors and polish them up they'd look great, too.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Use goo gone on the mirrors so you don't scratch the chrome, but a lot did come with painted mirrors.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Very nicely done! :) YelloThumbUp
just read your previous posts and you sure are a mature 16 year old, good on you!

like you said yourself, you will have no problem in the future for work, good head on your shoulders, and great work ethic!!

nice to see, and your Grand Dad is one heck of a guy, he's really proud of you I'm sure.

"you sure are a mature 16 year old," Hey Roy, I been told this often and I appreciate it. I have a good teacher. A good Mentor. He is big on respect and manners. He has smacked me more than once for getting smart with my elders. Granddad gave me a whoopn' once when i was 12. He told me after that "I'll never again use a belt on you boy. You need correction again? I'll use my fist on you". I believed him. I still do. This is why he never had to. He is one tough ole bird. I'd die for him.

Thanks again Guys. Smokey? Thank ya Sir.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts