Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new toy/project

the prev owner said that when he put it in, he didn't really know what he was doing. :p Truck runs very rich. I'll pull it apart and redo it, but How should the choke be put in?

**I can't find a new choke tube on rock or anywhere else for that matter. Found the gasket, but that's it.

***My dad came over and told me to just get rid of the auto choke and put the manual back in, so that's what I'm doing, at least until I can buy a new tube and choke.

Last edited:
Got the bed off, time for some rust repair. :)

6a3cf83a.jpg

abcbef3e.jpg

aa3106e3.jpg

frame is cleaning up pretty nicely, no rust through anywhere. Gonna get it all cleaned, coated with rust converter then primed. Haven't decided where I want to go after that. On my monte frame, I did those steps and then coated with chassis black from Eastwood. It turned out pretty nice.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks a pretty sweet project...I know I've paid more for waaaaay less truck. As for the frame, your final step should be the use of POR.

So you 4x4 guys with dual exhaust, where are you running it? pix, mainly where the front driveshaft is?

Also, where is a good place to look for a good long bed and how much am I looking at that way?

I'll have the whole rear of the frame stripped and primed by tonight, so I'll have pix later.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The problem with beds are shipping. You can get a cherry bed in the SE or SW for a couple hundred, but then you'll pay more in shipping (or gas if you go to pick it up) than you spent on the bed. Or...you can wait for a cherry piece to pop up in the rust belt and pay the premium. Or just pick up replacement panels from Dennis Carpenter.

Problem is that this bed needs every panel, lol. If I can get this thing licensed soon, I wouldn't mind driving it to pick up a bed somewhere. That way I could just throw it on to haul it back. There are very few around here, and most of them aren't much better than mine.

well, it's slower going than I thought. Between the undercoating that is on the frame, the heat and the mosquitos I'm not getting very far. I'm not doing much with the springs/spring area as I want to get a lift kit soon and don't want to risk breaking a ubolt or anything like that until then. Once I get the kit, I'll tidy up all those parts too. Axle is just primed in the pic, still gotta clean up the ends and put in some seals. Here are some more pix:

e98940c3.jpg

ae78f324.jpg

ac24e2ff.jpg

4c794da0.jpg

Here's the blood suckers interrupting my work. I've litterally killed 12 of these tonight and about 20 last night. Nothing is working to keep them away. :mad:
26f6ffd4.jpg

I did manage to get part of the frontend off too. Not much worth saving, headlight surrounds are broke, grill is broke, alum surround is bent all to hell, bumper is junk. I'll be in the market for some parts soon if anyone has some. :)

752e7cc2.jpg

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
well, it's slower going than I thought. Between the undercoating that is on the frame, the heat and the mosquitos I'm not getting very far. I'm not doing much with the springs/spring area as I want to get a lift kit soon and don't want to risk breaking a ubolt or anything like that until then. Once I get the kit, I'll tidy up all those parts too. Axle is just primed in the pic, still gotta clean up the ends and put in some seals. Here are some more pix:

Here's the blood suckers interrupting my work. I've litterally killed 12 of these tonight and about 20 last night. Nothing is working to keep them away. :mad:
26f6ffd4.jpg

I did manage to get part of the frontend off too. Not much worth saving, headlight surrounds are broke, grill is broke, alum surround is bent all to hell, bumper is junk. I'll be in the market for some parts soon if anyone has some. :)

752e7cc2.jpg

Dang....those aren't mosquitoes....those are freakin birds....holy hell! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Frame is looking good.

Well, finally getting some more progress. Got the rearend done (cleaned and primed, still gonna coat it after I get it on the frame). Gotta wait till payday to get my ebrake cables and drums so I can put the brakes back together. Hopefully I'll get the frame done today with any luck. We have a heat advisory of 90+ for the next three days with humidity over 60%, so it should be interesting.

71897525.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well, finally getting some more progress. Got the rearend done (cleaned and primed, still gonna coat it after I get it on the frame). Gotta wait till payday to get my ebrake cables and drums so I can put the brakes back together. Hopefully I'll get the frame done today with any luck. We have a heat advisory of 90+ for the next three days with humidity over 60%, so it should be interesting.

71897525.jpg

Looks awesome....I'm jealous because I have some stuff to do on my bump and no time....:headbang:

Keep us updated....the pics are great!

Rear brakes, DONE! Pick up my drums friday, and get this thing back under the truck.

New axle seal on one side, 99% of brakes new (cleaned and repainted the ebrake arms), new ebrake cables, new brake lines, new drums. Now if only the rest of the truck matched. :p

4d7bcef1.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts