Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new Project

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I've got it all done (body work that is). I'll get some pics of the tail gate, but for now here is the front. I had a different grill surround that was a little better and also the grill inserts. I had to redrill the holes for the XLT emblem on the grill.

Looks very nice, Buck. You had also asked about an evaporator. I am no air conditioning expert, but if the evaporator was left exposed, as in opened up, there could be a problem with the inside of the evaporator, such as rust, pitting, etc. If the a/c system was still sealed, then the evaporator might still be in good shape.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Lookin good! I'm really diggin the color choice.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks guys. Doug, the ac system was sealed up so I think the evaporator should be good, but the PO thought it would be a great idea to cut it open to get to the heater core so right now its all siliconed up. I'm gonna out a new dryer and Sanden compressor on.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Picked these up at the local salvage yard today.

Needs cleaned and a seat cover to match the interior, but no rips or tears and is not worn out.

Figured I couldn't go wrong for $150 for both. I had a $$$$$ of a time getting a rusted out rounded off bolt out of the seat. I eventually said screw it and luckily it was a front drivers one and bent the seat forward to get at the seat track bolts and just unbolted it from the track.

The topper handle is locked or froze and I did find a handle, but now to just get the old one off. Corrosion has set in and not sure I'll be able to.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
looks like it's coming along nicely.

do you still have the other truck? any side by side pics?

Ya, I still have the 77. Right now she's in Nebraska at my brothers shop (sort of in storage). I didn't have the space to have both of them up here while working on the supercab. So, I don't have any side by sides quite yet. I'd like to trailer the 77 up here in September with the 75, but since i don't drive the 77 during winter up here, I may just leave it down there in storage. I miss it though that's for sure, but the 75 has kept me busy and still keeping me busy. My brother does a good job starting it up and driving it a bit when it's nice. He also takes the liberty of washing it too. He's a nice truck keeper that's for sure and he's very picky when it comes to his vehicles being clean and perfect so he treats mine the same. It's sure gonna be a site when I do trailer the 77 with 75 going down the interstate.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Drained the rear rear axle yesterday, cleaned up the inside. Must have been years since it was changed. Today, I managed to sandblast the rear axle cover and get it powder coated. Why not yellow?:)

Drain plug was a hex head and since I didn't have a tool for it, a same size bolt head and vice grip did the trick.

Just a recent pic of the truck. I really wish I had the right length of running board on it.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good, did you do the powder yourself?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool, I thought so when I saw the grate :)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
So the HF gun works OK ? I've thought about getting set up with that and an oven.

Works just fine. I wanted to get the Eastwood kit but I have a HF locally and figured why not. If needing a higher voltage for say more than 1 or 2 coats or doing thick metal, than there are others out there but for quite a bit more cash. There are some tricks that I have read and learned about but for little money it works pretty good. The other drawback is the powder. The HF gun powder container is different than the Eastwood powder I get so I just bought a couple more HFpowders to have the containers to swap powder.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks Jim.

I forgot that back on page 7, there are some other parts that I powder coated with the HF gun. I also made a tool to separate the hood hinge springs and I powder coated them. I don't have a pic right now. Here are a couple others from my 77, the TFI coil bracket and master cylinder cap.

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

I coated the alternator bracket
IMG_4095.jpg

Power steering bracket
IMG_4094.jpg

AC bracket
IMG_4091.jpg

Anything I can fit into a household oven. I wish I had the setup when I started my 77. Didn't get involved in til I was almost done.

When I get my 77 back up here, I am gonna start coating things that paint has come off that's for sure.

I have $100 in the oven, 59.99 on sale HF powder gun and a few bucks in wiring and 220 oven outlet for the garage. Also, you don't need that high of amperage like you would have in your home. I never use the burners and only the oven part so that cuts down on amps..so I can have the heat and air compressor going as well. I want a larger service to my garage, but for now it works.

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Looks nice, Buck. Did you try the severe duty clutch on your fan?

I now have an electric fan setup on my 77, but I do have the severe duty one on my 75. I might try and switching back to original to see how it compares. My 75 runs about 195 even during this cold weather and 205-210 during the summer. I have new radiator and 180 thermostat. Just seems high. Not sure if it's the fan clutch or what or maybe that's normal for the motor.

Ford Truck Articles