Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My nephews first truck

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Looks good Tony.
If he wanted to keep that 300, you can turn those in to tq monster I think its a good base to start.
Lot's of possibility there :D

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thats what I'm thinking. He's a 16 year old who is alot like me. He will be pulling a small boat locally and beating the truck like any 16yo would.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Looks like a great starter and he can get it for 800 or less without the radio. I would.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea the deck he is refering to is only 200 bucks brand new...
Screw that noise...
700 seems good to me.
Walk up offer the guy 700 in cash money. and see what he has to say.

If I had $800 I'd buy that truck..

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Go for it , 700$ would get that truck , nobody turns down cash. Great starter truck for a 16 yr old , and you 2 can fix it up not much money.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Only driving it will tell you whether or not it's worth a damn. That m5od could be getting tired and losing synchros with that many miles so I'd say go drive it and see. The 300 could be barely broken in or extremely tired with that many miles; lots of variables that could take it either way.

How much weight is he planning on pulling?

Chris you kill joy!

Only driving it will tell you whether or not it's worth a damn. That m5od could be getting tired and losing synchros with that many miles so I'd say go drive it and see. The 300 could be barely broken in or extremely tired with that many miles; lots of variables that could take it either way.

How much weight is he planning on pulling?

My M50D is great, and my truck is used as rough as any other. Oh, and my engine (165,000miles) still had hone-marks in the cylinder walls at 150,000miles. As long as the oil was changed, that truck can go to 500,000 no problem.

Hey tony, get your nephew to put a small-medium Turbo on that 4.9L. YelloThumbUp

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I would be all over that for $7-800. Tell the owner keep the radio. YelloThumbUp

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
what Tony he don't like the older ones?ha ha...lemme know if he changes his mind...you know I got that 80 for ya.....and if he does get that truck and needs a good mazda tranny gimme a call my buddy has a bad case with good guts in it.or pretty much any other part he may need.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts