Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My first engine pull/rebuild - 1994 351w

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Electricity is still magic to me, but I'm getting DARNED good at soldering a joint with heat shrink wrapping.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The only thing magical about electricity is the smoke....once the magic smoke leaves , things no longer work.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hahaha... so true. DC makes much more sense than AC.

Ryan

DC is way more lethal and painful though!...and all you have to do with AC is just think of the hot and positive and the neutral as negative.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
DC makes sense because it friggin flows in one direction. Invisible magical electrons go through the copper pipes and send their magic to all the end units.

Are you taking notes & keeping up with this?

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DC makes sense because it friggin flows in one direction. Invisible magical electrons go through the copper pipes and send their magic to all the end units.

Are you taking notes & keeping up with this?

Ryan

My stenographer is writing it down shorthand in Swahili...AC flows in one direction...from the hot to the return...you are just getting hung up on the sine wave...quit overthinking it....you must be an Accountant or something :p

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Actually in practice ac and dc are basically the same, are they not? As far as wiring, etc?

Pretty much as far as wiring goes...big differences come in what each can power....motors, transformers etc....voltage drop over distance...skin effect...yadda, yadda.
Big thing with DC is switch/relay operation....way less current allowed than AC without major problems.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Ouch... Yeah that looks like the 460/diesel one. Spendy.

Maybe I'm crazy but I would think they would make an all aluminum replacement for a reasonable price. I know they do for my suburban... I've looked into it before.

May not be able to get one through a parts store though...

Fellro

Staff member
Factory issue has the plastic tanks. The all aluminum radiators cost more as they have the be welded on. Repairing aluminum radiators is almost impossible, not to mention that hardly any shops are left that do repair radiators anyway. Get the lifetime warranties and let them pay for it.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
No sir, no emissions testing. It burns super clean. It hasn't been measured of course but I'd be pretty confident it would pass.

My son & I drove around a little today and the transmission is really lurching into gear, I don't really like the way it's behaving.

RYan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts