Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my dad brokeded it.....

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well yesterday when i was doin my plugs my dad got home when i got to the last 2 and was having trouble with them. well he broke what appears to be a vacuum line. what is the name of this line?

pics.............
SAM_0204.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
oh and its now throwing a code. even though we taped it i guess it didnt get a good enough seal. but i dont have a code reader to read codes and its too damn cold to do the paper clip trick.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I would trim the broke section out and take it along to the parts store and pick a size that is snug fit. It will be a quick fix you could do it in the parking lot even.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't think I'd cruise around with it whistling from vacuum, but it won't hurt much for the time being. I usually just go to the parts store and ask for a few 1" pieces of hose to match up to see what size fits best and they'll sell you what you need.

Ryan

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
That looks like the same plug(the one next to that hose) my dad forgot to plug up when he replaced the passenger side valve cover.When it wasn't plugged in,the truck ran like crap,and couldn't even get out of the driveway.No power at all.As soon as he found out it wasn't plugged in and plugged it back in,the truck immediately started to run better.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
the first picture that is where the line in the second picture leads from,so is that a vacuum line from the map sensor. if i tis , why does my truck run like nothing is wrong except for when in drive idling (sitting still).

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Vacc leaks can be real bastards, but why you ask is usally when in drive your putting the engine under a little more stress then just idling in park which can make the engine pull a vacc leak harder or thats how it was explained to me years ago, I dunoo kinda smashed over here... :D

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well when im driving it runs great but when im at a stop light in drive sitting there idling its kind of missing like a vacuum leak. i went to autozone and made a makeshift vac line but the code keeps popping up and is still doing what it was before when i taped the hose together. idk. guess dealership trip for the vac line is in the future cause nobody carries it.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well while driving you have your RPMs higher then just idling, like I said Vac leaks suck! all most as much as a Liberal sucks..

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Vacuum line for your MAP sensor. Just get 3 ft of rubber line and just run it to the tee.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yup-- MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Replace the hose, get a good seal, then reset your computer by removing the neg battery cable for 5 or 10 minutes.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Vacuum line for your MAP sensor. Just get 3 ft of rubber line and just run it to the tee.

Yup-- MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Replace the hose, get a good seal, then reset your computer by removing the neg battery cable for 5 or 10 minutes.

did yall not catch this?
i went to autozone and made a makeshift vac line

well anyways i didnt reset the computer but tonight when driving to the movie theater and then to supper and then home the check engine light stayed off. so i think i did it when i got the makeshift vac line.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
did yall not catch this?

well anyways i didnt reset the computer but tonight when driving to the movie theater and then to supper and then home the check engine light stayed off. so i think i did it when i got the makeshift vac line.
I was just trying to offer a 2nd (err... 3rd?) opinion about the problem. Not to mention I was the only one who suggested resetting the computer.

Glad you got'er fixed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts