Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my dad brokeded it.....

~x5 on it being the MAP. :) (i knowed dat one;)

I replaced my "fragile plastic vacuum lines" with short pieces
of hose and 3/16" aluminum tubing from the hardware store.
Used a little bit of contact cement to "lube" the hoses. ;)

A year ago I didn't know a MAP from a MAF. LOL :)
Now I'm collecting parts for a MAF and will re-wire the MAP. ;)

Alvin in AZ

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well i decided to go get a smaller hose cause the one i had originally got was to big and didnt fit right. well i just put the new smaller one on and im letting the battery reset so we'll see.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Have you found out what the code is? Before going to junkyard looking for hose I personally would make sure the code is related to that hose. I know it came on after that hose broke, but it could be a coincidence. Just my two cents. It seems like you are just assuming it is that hose. Maybe you knocked something else loose somewhere. After all you said you fixed the broken hose. :)

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Have you found out what the code is? Before going to junkyard looking for hose I personally would make sure the code is related to that hose. I know it came on after that hose broke, but it could be a coincidence. Just my two cents. It seems like you are just assuming it is that hose. Maybe you knocked something else loose somewhere. After all you said you fixed the broken hose. :)

well i thought i had fixed it but it was still stumbling at idle like a vacuum leak and thats the only one i messed up. i double checked. was gonna buy a code reader and a obdI adapter at autozone but they were tellin me some bullchit so im gonna buy a obdI code reader off ebay tonight.

AND NO IM NOT COUNTING BLINKS.... i know im lazy but i dont feel like dealing with that chit.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've got the same reader and love it. Bought it at Kragen.

That extension cable would be awful handy but for $20 no thanks.

about how long does it take the reader to read the codes?
Depends on how many codes it's got stored. :)
Takes the same amount of time to read through them once while counting. :)

There's another level to be read too. Everything has to be ok on the first
level (fix those problems) before it'll tell you the next level.

At least that's how read it. :/

Have I got that right guys?

Alvin in AZ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You could have counted the blinks, fixed the truck, and had dinner before that code reader even gets shipped :rofl: It is good to get a code reader though. I have a snapon scanner that does ODBI and II up to 99. I got it cheap. It allows to do tests on components as well as read the codes.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles