Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

More Parts!!!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I know!!!! he had them sitting up in a loft all these years, and at $125 each!
Having to decide color now for the truck....may need the help of a poll

To hell with the poll, just paint them black! :wasntme:

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Thanks Mike, I think, lol!! you're as bad as Cliff :hammer:

Hahaha! Thanks for the promotion!
But in all seriousness, that is a sweet score. YelloThumbUp

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
hahaha,

being serious, I really am thinking black truck (the interior is red, if it was any other color it would give more choices)

My work here is done. Actually, I never saw myself with a black vehicle, until this one was "gifted" to me. Now I like black vehicles, or should I say, vehicles of color.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Well the other day my alternator wiring harness failed :(
The fusible link that attaches to the starter solenoid broke right at the molded connection thus not being able to do a splice to fix. So I went on the internet to look for a harness replacement and got no where, much to my surprise seems no one makes one, not even NOS from any of the big name Ford parts guys :headbang:

So I had two options.
Find one at the wreckers (yea, what would be the chances of that, and what condition would it be in!)
Try to cut away the rubber molding to expose the one wire I need to attach to.

Well, I went to 3 wrecking yards and they all said I would have to make my own....Crap!
Not to give up, I drove to one last place that used to have some old Ford trucks. Get there and seems he went mostly imports :headbang: :headbang:

Still not to be discourage, I started walking through the acres of cars. So glad I did because I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a '82 ford off in the distance. When I got to it, it was just the cab, sitting on some tree stumps. I though WTH and popped the hood open. Holy Crap!!! the engine compartment was fully intact, and there was the alternator harness :) :) :)
Got a few more items too. This even tops the fenders I got. Thought I was totally screwed.
wiring_harness.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
For future reference, they do sell fusible link sections at the parts stores with the crimp kits. Won't be as pretty, but will do the job.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Well the other day my alternator wiring harness failed :(
The fusible link that attaches to the starter solenoid broke right at the molded connection thus not being able to do a splice to fix. So I went on the internet to look for a harness replacement and got no where, much to my surprise seems no one makes one, not even NOS from any of the big name Ford parts guys :headbang:

So I had two options.
Find one at the wreckers (yea, what would be the chances of that, and what condition would it be in!)
Try to cut away the rubber molding to expose the one wire I need to attach to.

Well, I went to 3 wrecking yards and they all said I would have to make my own....Crap!
Not to give up, I drove to one last place that used to have some old Ford trucks. Get there and seems he went mostly imports :headbang: :headbang:

Still not to be discourage, I started walking through the acres of cars. So glad I did because I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a '82 ford off in the distance. When I got to it, it was just the cab, sitting on some tree stumps. I though WTH and popped the hood open. Holy Crap!!! the engine compartment was fully intact, and there was the alternator harness :) :) :)
Got a few more items too. This even tops the fenders I got. Thought I was totally screwed.
wiring_harness.jpg

Good find. What is the black plastic part?

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
For future reference, they do sell fusible link sections at the parts stores with the crimp kits. Won't be as pretty, but will do the job.

I did buy the fusible link but because the original broke off inside the molded rubber, I didn't have anything to splice and crimp to. I will try to carefully scrape the rubber away and see if I can expose the wire so I can do the repair. :)

460Trucker

Cool stuff here Roy. Never knew the older rigs had dimmer switches.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

460Trucker

Ah I see. I assumed they were for the interior dome light.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Fondly referred to as the dip switch :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts