Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just got my truck back from the paint shop

i see a truck of the YEAR!

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Dad saw it last week when he was in town. He thought the truck looked great and said he regretted selling it in 85. But he was happy that I bought it and he said it never looked better.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Just an update..... Went to a car show last week and took home a 2nd place trophy ,even though I lost the driver side mirror on the way to the show.
P7190009.jpg

Congrats! but I need to ask where you got the wire covers on the headlights? those are trick, I want some

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Congrats! but I need to ask where you got the wire covers on the headlights? those are trick, I want some

I got those for Dad in 1982. I didn't think they would last as long as they have. The place where I got them went out of business in 1988. I'm not sure if they are even available anymore. May want to try a search on it. I think I've seen some on Jeeps.

Last edited:
Used to find those in Off road mags... and they still use them up along the Trans-alaskan.
Some on Ebay here>
Rectangular style Here>

Last edited:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Thanks, I found those on e-bay after I asked, for that price I just might have to get my self some??

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Paul That is one sweet truck,I can't get enough of seeing your picture.Excellent
Job Dave.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Nice truck. I really like that model next to the 71's of course. lol
Clint

I've always liked the way the older Fords looked, My dad has a 66 f100 Custom cab, and my brother has a 72 f100 Sport Custom. I guess it was karma that I got my Dad's truck back after all those years.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts