Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just got my truck back from the paint shop

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
That's a great looking job on that truck...

Now you need to update your avatar to match... maybe with a close-up of the girl? :rofl2:
Ok, ok... the truck! ;)

2008-05-26-1354-04_edited.jpg

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Paul, that's a very nice truck you have there. I love the colors. Just curious, did you change out the bed at some point in time.
I think my uncle changed it out years ago, It did have 3 tanks when Dad bought it.

Awsome! I love that you kept with the factory colors and scheme.

Glad you guys all like the work but Paul didn't tell you the horror stories
that went a long with that 4th of Jult weekend hehehe,
Now he wants me to sign it

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
What horror stories? Lets hear em!

Well to start out everything was ok with the primer, and the green, but when it was time to open the white it turned out to be SILVER. I was freaking out and of course the place where I got the paint was closed, so we were scrambling to find a quart or 2 of bright white. So, while we were trying to find paint, the guy who owns the shop, started checking around and came up with a white they use to mix different colors with, so it went on and 4 shots of clear later it was white and super bright. He said this white is bright er than Arctic white and it is. So, after 20 minutes of running around , the problem was solved. and as for the paint I got from NAPA, I got my money back Monday after a few minutes of explaining why I should get it back.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
highhorse78 was hoping to get her number smiliegitrdone

All I can tell you is her name is Emily and she was really nice. She said it was the first truck she ever posed in front of and she thought it was really cool.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wow thats a great looking truck.. I haven't seen rims like that since I was a wee one, do they even make them any more?

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Just an update..... Went to a car show last week and took home a 2nd place trophy ,even though I lost the driver side mirror on the way to the show.
P7190009.jpg

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
P7190002.jpg

Mirror and gasket fell out on the way to the show, Found the gasket on the side of the road the next day.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Cool . My dad had the cream and white combo in 78 . (My firdt complete tear down and redo .(I don't think I'd let my 14 yr old do that . Guess got cool dad.

Like the factory cap also. OH I remember the rims . I still like the hurricains . And HAd them on my 79.

But there is a 97 F350 with hurricains around here they look like he had them chromed . Boy do they stick out at the shows.

Any how excellent job . Dad will be surprised .

We kept dads 78 till 92 3 beds several fenders set doors and frame replacement we finally gave up. I'm glad u didn't .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts