Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Introducing myself (pics)

Signed up to this site not too long ago. I've been with FTE for a while. I'm the 2nd owner of my 88 F-150. It was passed to me from my grandfather. It had sat for 5 years, didn't run, and the paint was in poor condition.

Four years layer, it's still a work in progress, but this' what I've got.
1988 F-150 Lariat, 5.0, 2wd, AOD trans and 3.55 rearend
Currently showing 236,000 miles

Engine and trans are all original.

033.JPG

0311.JPG

029.JPG

0263.JPG

0251.JPG

0241.JPG

Here's one I dug up from when she was new

img001.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF!..nice truck!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Nice truck.....don't cuss like that...those 3 letters are a curse word over here. Most of us left there for various reasons. Where did you find the clear corners?

A lot of us were banned from the other site years ago. Good riddance.

This is the first forum i've been a regular visitor to and i think its great with so many different ideas and viewpoints being discussed and in the short time i've been here i've only seen one bit of nastiness which seemed to get itself sorted out pretty quick.

Why did they ban you guys from there? - the only other site i'm on occasionally is f150forum but its just too slow to load on my computer so i don't go there very often.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
This is the first forum i've been a regular visitor to and i think its great with so many different ideas and viewpoints being discussed and in the short time i've been here i've only seen one bit of nastiness which seemed to get itself sorted out pretty quick.

Why did they ban you guys from there? - the only other site i'm on occasionally is f150forum but its just too slow to load on my computer so i don't go there very often.

I also was banned from that site. Personally there is to much traffic for me. I occasionally go to answer a few questions from time to time. On subjects i am clueless about, i MIGHT hit up FTE for some answers, but not before i search google.

Mark i wouldn't mind taking it into a private conversation, i don't want to use FTF to be slanderous and insulting to FTE...

OP: That's one sharp lookin truck!!!

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Good evening:rolleyes: (it's 7PM here)
I did read the discusion about being banned.. I've been banned from a marineforum; two times and for what? first for my straightforward opinion and second, because somebody did placed some, no nude, pics of a beautifull woman on a thread and the Moderator banned him and therefore I told the Mod straight how my thoughts were about that.
what I would like to say is, that a good Mod can make or break the forum and at that forum a lot of gossip took place by PM's ( I accused the Mod from that also and he gave me a warning).
I'm "membered" myself in three or four American Ford forums, and there is so much difference between on or an other (I do not wish to put fingers to some forums) but on one of the forums I noticed that nearly everybody "shouts" a HELP!! or READ THIS or I DO HAVE A PROBLEM!! and nobody seem to be interested in someone else.
I like to tell something, help somebody with advices ( if appreciated) or mingle myself in a good discussion. On an other forum you can see there's only contact between Americans (I do think that my English is not to bad and understandable).
I do like this forum the most, because of te nice reactions and interactions.
That was what I wished to say.

best regards Ton

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Really nice ride

Thanks guys. Are any of you on FTE?

Sore subject here as 90% of the original guys here were booted for no reason other than saying they had found this site.

Tho I was not part of that they took all my search and other apps . Ands only reason I saw was I was on here at time.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts