Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Introducing myself (pics)

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Good evening:rolleyes: (it's 7PM here)
I did read the discusion about being banned.. I've been banned from a marineforum; two times and for what? first for my straightforward opinion and second, because somebody did placed some, no nude, pics of a beautifull woman on a thread and the Moderator banned him and therefore I told the Mod straight how my thoughts were about that.
what I would like to say is, that a good Mod can make or break the forum and at that forum a lot of gossip took place by PM's ( I accused the Mod from that also and he gave me a warning).
I'm "membered" myself in three or four American Ford forums, and there is so much difference between on or an other (I do not wish to put fingers to some forums) but on one of the forums I noticed that nearly everybody "shouts" a HELP!! or READ THIS or I DO HAVE A PROBLEM!! and nobody seem to be interested in someone else.
I like to tell something, help somebody with advices ( if appreciated) or mingle myself in a good discussion. On an other forum you can see there's only contact between Americans (I do think that my English is not to bad and understandable).
I do like this forum the most, because of te nice reactions and interactions.
That was what I wished to say.

best regards Ton

hell your english is bout better than mine...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ton, i like having you here. As for your english, no it's not perfect and neither is mine. But i really like the different cultures of the world and the fact that you took time to learn English says alot. Heck half of the population in the south can't speak English half as good as you write it!

I can personally say i really enjoy having you here on this forum!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's a sharp truck, welcome!

Ton, i like having you here. As for your english, no it's not perfect and neither is mine. But i really like the different cultures of the world and the fact that you took time to learn English says alot. Heck half of the population in the south can't speak English half as good as you write it!

Raises hand.. :rofl:

I can personally say i really enjoy having you here on this forum!

X2

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Thanx guys for the compliments;
I've moved my rockingchair and a Belgium beer towards this forum:beer: :beer: .

A friend of mine is in Florida now; he buys trucks from the States and sell them here. He mailed me yesterday that there iss so much "V8 roar" on the streets and he said "the green lie"hasn't reached America yet" (Here in holland we name hybrids and electric cars the green lie). To us, a hybrid has batteries, which has to be swapped in a couple of years; so do the electric cars. What the users of electric cars forget is, that their "tailpipe" also smokes at the powerplant in the countryside and that the loss of energy, due the transport of electricity is more than they think.
A bloke did pointed a finger to my truck and said that the fuelconsumption is not good for the environment.... I told him that I drive maybe 200miles a month and I walk to my workshop (800yard) and that he drives 300miles a week to do his job!
One of the first things to help the environment is to abandon the EGR valves; no doubt about that!!

Yep, it's time to go to work; busy with machining a dragracecrankcase.

best regards Ton

Thanx guys for the compliments;
I've moved my rockingchair and a Belgium beer towards this forum:beer: :beer: .

A friend of mine is in Florida now; he buys trucks from the States and sell them here. He mailed me yesterday that there iss so much "V8 roar" on the streets and he said "the green lie"hasn't reached America yet" (Here in holland we name hybrids and electric cars the green lie). To us, a hybrid has batteries, which has to be swapped in a couple of years; so do the electric cars. What the users of electric cars forget is, that their "tailpipe" also smokes at the powerplant in the countryside and that the loss of energy, due the transport of electricity is more than they think.
A bloke did pointed a finger to my truck and said that the fuelconsumption is not good for the environment.... I told him that I drive maybe 200miles a month and I walk to my workshop (800yard) and that he drives 300miles a week to do his job!
One of the first things to help the environment is to abandon the EGR valves; no doubt about that!!

best regards Ton

smilieIagree smilieIagree The green brigade are very near sighted - they can only see the power plug and their car ..... i've had a few rather robust discussions on how they think that mining for lithium to build batteries and all the extra copper and rare earth materials that are needed to build the hybrid can and does cause more pollution and environmental damage than just driving a modern fuel efficient car - not to mention the environmental damage done in extracting and burning coal to provide the electricity for the durn things
I also enjoy reading your posts Ton and am also a newcomer to the world of internet forums - i still haven't forgotten your advice on lpg but am currently trialling a small hho system .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts